All Topics / Help Needed! / Want to invest on Real estate but only a 457 visa Migrant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of jayr_gwapsjayr_gwaps
    Participant
    @jayr_gwaps

Guday everyone,

I need advise on how I can start investing on property even I'm a migrant with 457 visa.  I already have

enough money for deposit and just not sure what to start.  Below is a list of what I'm thinking to do.

– Put up a Trust (Dont know how to)

– Start by making lump sum cash via renovation strategy.

– No idea on financing especially on migrants.

Profile photo of Jiya DixitJiya Dixit
    @jiya-dixit

Hi Friend,

if you want to invest, invest, dont think.

jiya

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

You havent' provided a lot of information but from the information you have provided – you can borrow if you have a 457 Visa. Renovation strategy is good in principle but speak to several investors who have done/do this regularly for specific advise, tips, pitfalls, etc. Which area are you looking to buy?

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of jayr_gwapsjayr_gwaps
    Participant
    @jayr_gwaps

Thanks for the replies, 

@The Financeshop,  I'm looking to invest in suburbs down in Perth,  I'm still working on my feasibility and now focusing

on finance.  Are you from a finance company? I really need some more info regarding financing stuffs, can you give me

more details on how things work regarding borrowing, interest rates, etc. here's my email, [email protected].

Cheers

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Jayr as has been mentioned borrowing on a 457 Visa can be done and in fact just settled a loan for a forum member on the same only last week.

Interest rates are the same as normal so at the moment you are looking at around 6.00% variable although as i have started in another forum post fixed rates are starting to fall.

Maximum borrowing will be depend on a couple of factors but all in all with a saved deposit certainly possible.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Hank HongHank Hong
    @hank-hong

Hi jayr_gwaps

For potential home owners or investors who are on a 457 VISA there are some good options for you as per the above posts there are competitive rates out there. 457 VISA applicants we regard as excellent clients as they are sponsored from overseas to Australia by a employer usually with a skill set which is in demand there is usually a fast track process into becoming PR once you have been in Australia for 2 years. A lot of people in the engineering, IT or medico field.

There are two major banks in Australia who will assist with up to a 90% lend for applicants who are in their first 3 years of their 4 year visa. You will need to obtain FIRB approval as well which is quite simple and done online.

This helps when you have  funds overseas which you do not want to bring into Australia due to the high exchange rate. Main thing you need to come up with is 10% deposit + Lenders Mortgage Insurance + Stamp Duty for the purchase of your property.

You are able to setup a trust for this purchase by speaking with your accountant, the type of trust is best discussed with them to suit your ideal situation. A lot of people in the Medico field have a trust setup even if they are on a 457 Visa status.

Profile photo of jayr_gwapsjayr_gwaps
    Participant
    @jayr_gwaps

Thanks everyone for the inputs, very much appreciated! cool

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.