All Topics / Overseas Deals / Property management in Atlanta?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Manutd123Manutd123
    Participant
    @manutd123

Hi everyone,i was really hoping that someone may have a good contact in Atlanta,ga for property management as I have purchased three properties and have yet to be leased 9 months down the track,any advice and help on this would be greatly appreciated.

cheers nick

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

if you want to send me details and if these properties are in a  service area we work we can help you with them.

9 months does not sound good… ONE THING that is critical is you need to contact your insurance agent if you have not already done so and get extended insurance on these.

Most policies will not cover any fire or any other loss if the property is vacant more than 60 days sometimes 90… For sure unless you have additional coverage your probably not insured at this point and thats a big Matzah ball hanging out there.

Not to mention a vacant house for 9 months there is a high probability of vandalism and theft. Hope thats not the case but if these were lower end Atlanta, ( which they might be because you did not get them rented) you have a very real risk in this as well.

I will be in Atlanta Next week personally..  So would be happy to help if I can.

The insurance issue is a huge one and when I hear of people taking 90 days plus to rehab and then even longer to tenant, unless they have specific coverage for this they are NOT insured… Just takes one fire and a denial of claim to ruin your day.

JLH

Profile photo of Manutd123Manutd123
    Participant
    @manutd123

Thanks for the reply jay,funny you mentioned about vandalism as one of our properties has just recently had all the wiring and copper pulled out,our other two properties we believe are in good areas but are yet to be leased 9 months later,if you know anyone in Atlanta who you think can help me in regards to PM who can lease them out ASAP that would be great also,it's just been a very daunting experience and loss of money not to mention.

cheers nick

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Nick

Atlanta is a HUGE metro plex, I would need address's to see where the properties are to even begin to refer you to PM's thats that I know and trust in the area.

However you must have someone looking after them if your aware of the one house getting hit for all the copper.

glad to help if you like

Profile photo of Manutd123Manutd123
    Participant
    @manutd123

Thanks for your reply jay,i will send you all the details in the next 5 mins through my personal email 

cheers nick

Profile photo of emma171emma171
    Participant
    @emma171

Nick
    Jay will help and yes, shocking but take control… One day late on rent and be firm!

emma

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen
    Manutd123 wrote:
    it's just been a very daunting experience and loss of money not to mention.

sorry to hear that :( its not the first time it's been reported on these sort of forums too…one of the main reasons we prefer to operate in Japan. Vandalism just doesn't exist, and crime is a very rare thing, at least as far as residential property is concerned. 

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.