All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment Property – Taperoo South Aust

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of AdkAdk
    Participant
    @adk

Hi Folks,

I am after a little advice:

I currently have an investment property in Taperoo South Australia. It is an older 3 bedroom house in average condition on a 680sqm block of land. The mortgage is $305K and we get $290pw rent. I believe this area has some potential as it is very close to a nice beach, close to schools, close to a nice shopping strip (Semaphore) etc.

Does anyone else see any future value in this area?

Is buy and hold (our current strategy here) worthwhile at the moment as I could think of a few better ways to use $800-$900 per month that we are currently out of pocket.

Thanks

Adam

Profile photo of Gemma LeaGemma Lea
    @gemma-lea

I currently have two properties located in taperoo. Both bought well under market value. The area still has a fair bit of stigma around it and I would would go as far to say its prob the worse thought of suburb in western adelaide. People say taperoo and go eughh.  As for future growth. If your property is located on the western side of the railway in taperoo within say 500-800m from the beach I would say that Long term there would be good growth in this area. Being land locked by other high value suburbs like semaphore, largs north and north haven I can see it flowing through eventually.

As for buy and hold… Being 680 sqm. Depending on where exactly in taperoo you usually policy area 67 in the Port Adelaide Enfield council says that minimum allotment size is 250sqm. Perhaps you should try approaching a neighbors property and ask to buy 2 m off their boundary (average block length in taperoo around that 40sqm. Ie so buy 70sqm. Blocks of rectanglar land 250sqm would sell for 160-180k in the area. So you could potentially pick up a decent profit in demolishing the existing house and doing a 3 lot subdivision with some neighbors land. 

Profile photo of Gemma LeaGemma Lea
    @gemma-lea

*40 linear metres 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.