All Topics / Help Needed! / Domain Name

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Thought I would ask a question which someone on here may know the answer too.

I purchased a domain name through a domain purchasing site, the name is highly sort after and very valuable, I paid and received a receipt etc, after waiting several days and not receiving the details for my new name I contacted the domain company and they replied saying that the main domain company they go through has pulled the name and it should never have been for sale.

Can they do this? what grounds do I have to stand on? they advertised it and I bought it.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

There are most likely legal reasons that the domain name was pulled. Maybe the company that has a trademark on that name had their lawyers contact the main domain company and threatened legal action.

If this is the cause then circumstances beyond the domain name providers control have occurred and the only course of action would be to get your money back that you paid for the domain name.

Also if you had successfully purchased the domain you may have been the next person the legal action would be directed at.

If this was the cause of the domain name being withdrawn.

Might be worth asking the main domain company why they pulled the domain name.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Thanks for your reply.

This was not actually the reason they pulled the name.

Below is the reply

Unfortunately we could not register the ……… domain name as the domain is registry reserved by Dot ICM registry. Your payment has been refunded back to your credit card. Please allow up to 3-5 business days for the refund to clear.

I asked why and then they came back with

The domain name may have been available at the time however we are not able to register the ………. domain name to anyone other than Dot ICM registry.

What would be your thoughts duckster???

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

What were the terms and conditions of the contract you entered into with the domain name supplier? Have a look into that.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Participant
    @keiko

Hi Terry,

I could not find any terms and conditions which stated that I could not buy a domain name which they were advertising for sale.

The only thing I could find was on a invoice which I received after making payment

This email confirms that your payment has been received. Your order is subject to further processing. Crazy Domains does not guarantee that the products in your order will still be available once this processing is complete.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

no guarantee!

You would have also have gotten you to tick a box before proceeding on the order, probably.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Participant
    @keiko

Ah yes, I forgot about that little box, no doubt something will be in there

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.