All Topics / Help Needed! / Crunching The Numbers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of matthewhornematthewhorne
    Participant
    @matthewhorne

Hi all, I am very new to property investing and extremely excited by it.

As I am learning I am asking some certain questions which I think some of you guys should be able to help with, if you don't mind.

I am currently short on cash for a deposit on my first IP so am looking at renovating with a long settlement on 2-3 bedroom houses in middle market areas. Does anyone have any advice on how to "crunch the numbers?" 

Also has anyone discovered any in-depth educational materials for completely understanding the renovation-to-flip process?

Kind regards,

Matthew Horne.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Provide the numbers…and we shall be able to crunch it :)

– How much are you short by…

Also with a renovation-to-flip strategy, you need to have money ready to make this process work….it's all about flipping in the quickest amount of time and if money/cash is tight this can cause a lot of delays. 

Have you research into any another strategy, that may be more suitable considering your current situation and cash flow/deposit issue?

Regards

Michael 

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of matthewhornematthewhorne
    Participant
    @matthewhorne

Hi Michael,

I am looking at using my dad as a guarantor and money partner for my first investment to generate some lump sum gains which I can then pay him out and start on my own from there. I was thinking that the reno-to-flip process would be the best option for that goal? What do you think?

Profile photo of matthewhornematthewhorne
    Participant
    @matthewhorne

And sorry, I guess the question is what numbers do you need to crunch rather than how to crunch them?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.