All Topics / General Property / School Catchment Maps/Diagrams?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of amurorei83amurorei83
    Participant
    @amurorei83

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process of looking for a residential property for my growing family. One of the key factors is school options. Is there some sort of website which would indicate the various catchment zones associated with each school?  Currently looking within NSW. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Not sure but if you go to the school of your dreams they'll have one. They will also let you know if they take out of area. But this changes according to their numbers.

In Sydney? What school if I may ask? Some schools people line up and buy houses so their kids can get in there and they are no better than other schools. Just because they have an OC class people assume they are better but their numbers are only better "because" they pull the kids for the OC class. Also being at that school has no relevance on whether your kid gets into THAT class. AND the class is only as good as it's teacher.

Is it obvious that I'm a teacher? We have extension classes (although not officially OC) at my school. We have MANY requests from people out of area.

Profile photo of amurorei83amurorei83
    Participant
    @amurorei83

Hi,

Thanks for you reply, it's much appreciated. As for your question, I am currently looking within Sydney. I don't have particular schools in mind, it was more along the lines of finding out which schools are available if I where to purchase a particular property. My main concern is to find a school that will provide positive influences. Whether or not there are OC classes are not important to me.

Cheers

Profile photo of ygue6072ygue6072
    Participant
    @ygue6072

http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/schoolfind/locator/

You could look on here and then contact the schools directly that come up close to the suburb you were looking at to see up to what streets they accept students.

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

You may want to consider the cultural demographic of the area and school as well. My experience was getting it wrong which made it extremely difficult for my bloke to adjust and fit in. Ended up a disaster. Took a lot of years to fix that one.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Once you choose a suburb I would visit a few schools to find a fit for your child. I moved my child half way through primary as the school I chose wasn't right for him. Best decision I ever made.

Send me a PM if you want to ask about particular schools. I know  a few in Sydney).

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep
    Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

You can always look at the myschools website. It may give you some idea as to how the school performs on various levels. As Catalyst said, you need to make sure your kids will be a good match for the school as well. Alternatively, you can check the school's website or contact the enrollment officer at the school.

Schools such as Cheltenham Girls are not selective but have a very good reputation. You need to carefully select where you purchase to get into this school as it is not obvious where the boundaries lie.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.