All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Duplex – strata title vs torrence title

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of MayuranMayuran
    @mayuran

Hi All

I am interested in a brand new strata titled duplex. My question is what are the pros / cons of a strata title as opposed to torrents title ?

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Go with the Torrens Title. The problem with strata is that you do not have control over the costs associated with the maintenance of the complex. The benefit of a TT is that you have flexibility over what you can do within your land. For example, you do not need to get the permission of the strata manager to tile your balcony. Again torrens title is far better and it has stronger resale value.

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Torrens title way better.  Who wants to get into a strata title situation and have to have a meeting for trivial things like tiling the balcony or painting the fence.  Not me!

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Torrents Title (sic) may be subject to sudden burst of water.

But seriously, you are the master of your own destiny with TT whereas with ST there is a little more rigor about your obligations to maintain the building and common areas eg obligations to effect insurance over the building, undertake maintainance, get on with your neighbours (to ensure that the important things get done), rates & other outgoings are more than likely to be less than TT. It is up to the body corporate/executive committee to give consent  not the strata managers

Profile photo of JJ10JJ10
    Participant
    @jaydev

What is the difference between two?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.