All Topics / Help Needed! / Need help in mentor program

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of cristygarredcristygarred
    Participant
    @cristygarred

Hello all,

i am new to the forum. My husband and i would like to go further in the property investment. So we have decided to enrolled some classes which will have to be online. Anyone have an idea. Please advise us.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Cristy

Welcome aboard.

I'd start by educating yourself. Read widely and continue to visit this forum.

Get an understanding of the fundamentals and have an idea of the strategy you'd like to use.

At that point, if you feel that you still require a mentor type service then you'll know which ones will be more conducive to the way you'd like to invest.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of cristygarredcristygarred
    Participant
    @cristygarred

Thank you for the response Jamie,

My husband & I have been studied for quite some time. We know exactly what type of education we are looking for but not so sure with the reliability of the institution. 

Thanks,

Cristy

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

What sort of education are you after Cristy ?

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi cristy,

HAve you done a search on the institution on this forum? You may find some more information. Or you can put the name up and someone may have already done that course and be able to provide more info.

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Participant
    @cristygarred

Thank DWolfe,

It's very good idea. i was new and still not know how to use this forum much but i will learn on the job. 

Cheers,

Cristy

Participant
    @cristygarred

Hi Richard,

I am looking for a course of mentor program that can fully help within time frame, 15 months or 2 years. Any thought?

Cheers,

Cristy

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

It depends on what you are looking for. I believe that mentoring should be designed to suit your needs. What I do is work out what the student wants to achieve. Before you do anything it is important to work out your motivations. It is important to work with someone who will challenge your thinking and also that they are not trying to sell you a property. They should be making suggestions that will work for you.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

I agree with Nigel.

You alone know what your strengths and weaknesses are, and a mentor is only worth even approaching once you've decided what your first set of achievable goals are.

Its like a fitness class, some people want bigger biceps .. some want a six pack .. and others just want to look at fit women in the gymnasium while they exercise. But they all will tell you they want to get fit.

Your property 'fitness' will depend on how much you want or need to know, the timeframe you will give yourself to achieve your goals, and from that .. the risk level you are prepared to take on to achieve those goals.

Dont be afraid to challenge yourself, just make sure you do that with the appropriate knowhow at hand.

And again .. quoting Nigel .. the solution that works for you .. is the one you want.

Participant
    @cristygarred

Thank you Nigel and Xdrew,

I have set up my goal and research on some of institutions that not sell the property. I almost register with one of them but their salesperson is really hard sale and pushy not providing much information as i need. so i called to the other branches to required more. But the guy called me back and call me crazy woman and told me to stop call other branches if i don't like his service: go ahead somewhere else. i did call back to complain and spoke to the owen but doesn't seem answer my thing. So i am going ahead somewhere else which on the process of research. 

Just my condition have to do online cause we live in pretty remote area.

Thank you guys for all of the response. and yes you all right it need to suit my situation and my goal.

Cheers,

Cristy

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Most of these groups are just trying to sell you something. There are exceptions. The results guys are good. I also run mentoring. Many of my clients are interstate so most communication is by phone or online. Generally the larger the organization either the bigger the sell or the more you will pay. If its a structured mentoring program how much of what you are being taught is relevant to you

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Ephraem1Ephraem1
    @ephraem1

Cristy, what I found helpful in making a decision is to be clear about your goals. What is it that you are after?-An extra income stream? then go for positive cashflow. Tax deductions? then do negative gearing. Capital growth: then do buy and hold. Big amounts of profit in short time: reno, flips, developments, vendor finance (although these strategies require quite a bit of skill). Also, networking with other investors may give you more directions. Hope that helps.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.