All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing In Student Accommodation

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kentotoolekentotoole
    @kentotoole

Does anyone have any experience investing in Student Accommodation? I know the returns are pretty good but that generally indicates that the investment may be a bit riskier. 

I'm considering buying a large house close to a uni and converting it to student accomm, I realise there's a lot of regulation around fire standards and safety which the house seems to comply with. Obviously I am going to look further into this to be sure. Does anyone else know of any other issues I should look out for?

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Too hard basket. Students don’t clean, keep the house messy, the pretty good returns end up going back in maintenance. I think it will only work if you have the time to monitor the property and keep on top of things.

Profile photo of MrsinvestorMrsinvestor
    @mrsinvestor

Maybe you should be thinking more about purpose built accommodation for less hassle? I'm currently looking into international projects on similar lines in Brighton in England, they have a management company who deals with any maintenance or problems.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Do not buy student apartments. They are small hard to finance and will only ever sell to investors. In fact in most cases you are still losing money and there will be no capital growth. If you want to develop a market for students. I suggest you buy as house and rent it out by the room

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

It works well if you live in it and rent rooms, otherwise it's a mess from every angle.

Cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.