All Topics / Help Needed! / Soil test for toxins

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of ZanZan
    @zan

Hi All,

I would like to do soil tests on my property for chemical or metal toxins.  Does anyone know of any companies in the Melbourne region they can recommend?  And how much these costs?

This isn't a soil test prior to building to test the soil structure and integrity as my property is already on it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Contact companies like Noel Arnold oe environmental scientists who conduct tests for lead, asbestos & heavy metals etc.

Unless your block was an old service station, tip, timber yard etc what do you think that you’ll find?

Profile photo of ZanZan
    @zan

Thanks I'll look them up.

The land was previously the government explosives and chemical site and while I understand tests would have been done prior to releasing the land I have a few sick family members all getting ill at the same time.  I could just be paranoid but it's better safe then sorry.

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Hi zan, would you mind telling us which suburb you are from? I think you might live near me and also heard the same

Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Noel Arnold

They've got an office in Melbourne

Profile photo of ZanZan
    @zan

Thanks Scott, will be giving them a call on Monday.

Joe, I live in Maribyrnong.

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

I think your pretty safe. Carnlea would be more of a risk. I know people that live in that suburb that have been told not to plant any crop as the soil could contain lead.

Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Soil along any road will contain lead, main road exposure would contain more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.