All Topics / Value Adding / Double glazing for road noise (add value?)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of fbmiscfbmisc
    @fbmisc

Hey all,

I have a question about road noise and our house as we are selling soon.

Since we bought our house the traffic has probably quadrupled due to developments in the next couple of suburbs and this has made the road noise very noticeable and could be a deterrent for buyers.  We are also on acreage which can make the property a slow seller as well, there is usually only a couple of properties for sale in our area at any given time.

We don't want to spend a fortune on double-glazing,  but I am wondering if a cheaper solution where they use your existing windows and put secondary glazing in would ADD value and desirability to the property or if we should just leave alone completely and let the next owners decide.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

Hi fbmisc,

I would seek the opinion of a local real estate agent before outlaying any money on improvements.

Do you think the increased noise has devalued your property ?

Profile photo of fbmiscfbmisc
    @fbmisc

Thanks, good point……….

I am not sure whether or not the increased noise would have devalued our property, but it certainly ranks high on peoples "not wanted" list……

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

Double glazed windows are definitely valued adding features.  Creating thermal and sound insulation. Not only reduce the flow of the heat but serves as noise barrier between the home and the outside environment as well. You can also highlight the sound insulation and the energy cost savings features of your house in any of your marketing pitch. Good luck!

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Im currently building 2 dwellings quite close to a busy road and im going for double glazing. It definitely helps with resale and opens to door to more potential buyers come resale.

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Shahin,

Out of interest what was the price comparison of regular windows versus double glazing for your development?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.