All Topics / General Property / Investing in rural nsw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of R123edR123ed
    @r123ed

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on investing in orange and mudgee areas? is it to late? have I missed the boat?

Profile photo of KrisMKrisM
    Participant
    @krism

Hi Redrager.

Orange in my opinion has run it's race as far as any quick gains or high yield are concerned. Don't get me wrong, long term it's a fairly safe bet of returning 6% PA as it has done for a long time now across the board, slightly better in good areas. But as far as the hotspot chasers paradise it's over. Right now, for the last 3 months the rental market has softened and people are starting to drop rents in all but top notch properties.

Mudgee from what I can gather is still a possibility but very hard to get into at the moment with little to pick from that's worth while. I haven't done extensive research on Mudgee so don't take my words on anything. I think a lot rests on what actually goes ahead there in the next 12 months or so.

Profile photo of ahsmithersahsmithers
    Participant
    @ahsmithers

Mudgee is experiencing somewhat of a boom and I have managed to get about 9% yield gross and 7.5% net. Although I would say definately go there though to have a look as you have to sort of the wheat from the chaff. It does have mining happening but also quite a good tourism industry with the Wine grown there.

Also have a look at Gulgong nearby.  

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.