All Topics / Help Needed! / Strahan Tasmania – Rental market?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of PageyPagey
    Participant
    @pagey_1

Hi all,

Im looking at investing in some units in Strahan Tasmania and wondering what is the rental market like there? I know Zeehan and Queenstown are only due to the mines however Strahan is a much nicer spot and a great retirement town.

Does anybody have any idea of the current rental market there?

What would 2 – 3 bedroom modern stand alone units pull in rent per week?

Cheers

Pagey

Profile photo of jclimiejclimie
    @jclimie

Hi Pagey,

Have you spent much time around Strahan? It is a nice area but it's pretty remote and I can't say I've heard of people moving out that way to retire. The main thing going for it is tourism, but that's very seasonal and it does tend to die through winter. The weather out on the west coast can get pretty brutal too so I'm not sure that retirees would be drawn to it necessarily. Personally I'd be sticking a bit closer to the bigger towns, especially in Tasmania where the economy's struggling a bit as it is, and where prices are already pretty cheap anyway. That said I haven't had a good look into the rental market there so if you're researching it and finding out some good things about it, I could stand to be corrected.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.