All Topics / Help Needed! / Nationally Recognised Property Investor Training

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of DGHayesDGHayes
    Participant
    @dghayes

Hi everyone,

I'm sure that there are people doing this course that are part of this forum and I would like to ask for their feedback on what they actually think of this program.

Personally I can't say there hasn't been a week gone by that I have learnt something from this course and it has been the best investment I have made in a course for many years.

If you're looking for a great property investment course then I can't speak highly enough of Steve's program which can be viewed at https://www.propertyinvesting.com/course.

Let me know your thoughts and feedback?

Regards,

David

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

David, What were some of the most important things that you actually learned from the course?

Profile photo of DGHayesDGHayes
    Participant
    @dghayes

Hi Mattsta,

Well can only comment on some of the things I learned so far from sessions 1 to 14, as there are a total of 65 sessions excluding occupational health and safety as listed here:

Module 1: Planning and Goal-Setting                       (Sessions 1 to 6)

Module 2: Investment Strategy                                 (Sessions 7 to 18)

Module 3: Analysis, Buying and Financing               (Sessions 19 to 43)

Module 4: Managing and Reporting on Property      (Sessions 44 to 57)

Module 5: Investment Evaluation and Selling            (Sessions 58 to 65)

Module 6: Occupational Health & Safety

I found this course to be more encompassing in that it not only talks about property investing, but incorporates investing strategy and investing principles into the mix. With Steve's weekly webinars that go hand-in-hand with this course and the extra homework assigned from these, you actually learn more than what is actually just contained in the course material.

Session 11 onwards is where the course actually starts talking specifically about property, so the key learnings I have had to date have been from module 2.

Some of my aha moments have been:

• With commercial propertyunderstanding the inverse relationship between yield and price
    • Understanding the true cost of negative gearing and calculating the tax offset on losses
    • Understand the supply and demand curve graphs and how they correlate to set the price point of the property market
    • The point that there are only two ways to make a profit from property purchased in a negative gearing scenario, that is when your property rises in value rate in excess of the after-tax loss plus inflation, and/or if your cash flow increases and/or expenses decreases so the property becomes positively geared
    • Understanding how the monopoly theory of property investing is really only relevant for investors that have a 10 year horizon which appeals to both passive and active investors and is thought to be more suited for passive investors
    • How investment rules need to be adapted to suit market conditions, such as the adaption of Steve's 11 second solution to the 1% rule
    • Understanding how the wheel of wealth calculator gives you a clear and concise understanding of how many deals you have to do to reach your property target being an active investor, and how using Brendan Kelly's half life one third capital requirement model is a great reality check against the wheel of wealth calculator to structure the amount of deals and size of deals as your investing knowledge grows

The forums on the nationally recognised property investor training website have an enormous amount of posts where people are also sharing their learning on a daily basis.

The great thing I find about this particular course is it's just not about property! 

Regards

Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.