All Topics / Help Needed! / Is buying of plan good idea for first IP?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of AVSAVS
    Participant
    @avs

Hi All

I have been looking at property in few suburbs of perth since past few weeks for my first IP (I am looking at interstate properties), and I noticed that land and house packages available in number of them offering descent land size and brand new house. They also seem to be same price (cheaper in some cases) as established property. (Do they negotiate the price of this same as established property?)

This has been tempting for me, although I have a mind set that buying off plan will be more risky, specially interstate and being my first IP, don't really much experience about this. can I please have your opinion on this?

I also came across some NRAS, till now I was not really considering this till now, but doing some calculations now just to get clear idea . Can you share your thoughts on this as well please?

Cheers

AVS

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Look at your known factors:

Current vacancies
    Current rent
    Planned supply
    Competition at time of completion etc

Then consider if this will be better or worse than buying an established property

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi AVS

If you do a search for off the plan or OTP on the forum you'll find a heap of information covering the pros and cons.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Very rarely is it a good idea to purchase off the plan. NRAS is another story all together. Be very careful NRAS doesn't suit all investors and you need to be careful of the stock. Some are great and some not so much. What's your investment strategy for the next 5-7 years?

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.