All Topics / Help Needed! / BUILDING IN THE SURAT BASIN

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dangermouse99dangermouse99
    Participant
    @dangermouse99

Hello All

Ive bought some land and planing to build a flatpack house as I dont want to over capitalise in a small mining town.

Ive done alot of reading and research and was recommended a few builders i.e Tapscott homes, Flatpackhouses and 1st choice constructions. I have orginally opted for a flat pack house, they have been really good to deal with and quite open and responsive on most if not all of the project (contract is with solictor currently) and their price for full turn key nothing else top pay is approx $246K (not including my land purchase. House size is 130sqm metres 4 bdr, 3 bath (+ laundry) which is on the smaller side but the block is quite small. This has been the lowest price thus far I have got, but based on sqm dollar value is probably getting expensive at a $1600 per sq m. Should I continue as I trust the builder and his product even though its flat pack house compared to some other  quotes which are brick or can I do better as most houses are procing over $300K even though sqm rate is cheaper im still getting concerned over the total dollar amount invested. Does anyone know these hole builders and just want to through some thoughts or advice my way as this is my 1st project.

Many thanks

DM

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

Hi DM,

If you don't mind me asking, where are you putting this property up ?

Profile photo of dangermouse99dangermouse99
    Participant
    @dangermouse99
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.