All Topics / General Property / Vendor Finance and First Home Buyers Grant

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of bjcampbbjcampb
    Participant
    @bjcampb

Hi there

just a question on what the effects will be on people in the Vendor Finance Business with the first home buyers grant only being for new houses as of Oct 2012?

Do you just lower your asking deposit as they won't be able to access the FHOG if the poperty is 2nd hand?

Also does anyone know of a credit rep in NSW that would help out with checking compliance paperwork so we can sell two of our properties via vendor finance?

Also does anyone know how to get the buyer to pay for the contracts to be drawn up?

Cheers

Bel

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Bel

Cutting off the FHOG to eligible first home buyers, buying an existing property (2nd hand) is only happening in NSW.  It will effect first time buyers, using a vendor finance Instalment Contract, in the same way it will effect a buyer under a 'traditional' Contract of Sale.

Vendor Finance buyers in any State, buying with a Lease/Option (Rent To Own), have never had access to the FHOG. i.e. it's never been available, until they actually 'exercise' the Option and buy the property.  In short, in NSW the FHOG will not be made available to any purchaser of an existing property after 30 September.

We have a procedure we call negative2positive in which we, as vendor financiers and Australian Credit Licence holders, assisting sellers to sell there property with vendor finance.  The negative2positive website is http://www.negative2positive.com.au

Yes, all our purchasers have always paid to have the legal paperwork drawn up.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.