All Topics / Overseas Deals / Warning re: Wells Fargo Bank toll-free number!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of CococamCococam
    Participant
    @cococam

Hi Guys,

Be careful. Wells Fargo says on their site at https://www.wellsfargo.com/per/int_access_codes the following:

International Access Codes

Call us toll-free from outside the U.S.

"Customers outside of the United States can call Wells Fargo customer service toll-free from most countries."

Country: Personal Accounts:      Business Accounts:       Online Customer Service:

Australia 0011-800-86935577   0011-800-22559356     0011-800-95644422

The Business Accounts number in bold is not free. It's actually $1.70 per minute using my super cheap Optus card!

Let me know if you have had the same experience.

Note: I am using my mobile which should be $.23 flagfall then 3c per min to call USA. You may have a different deal from your mobile or landline. Just be warned.

Cheers

Profile photo of nyc88nyc88
    Participant
    @nyc88

Hi Cococam, thanks for the information. ..its useful to know…..I've always wondered about the toll-free line for business accounts with Wells Fargo. 

Have you been satisfied with the level of service provided by the phone customer service team at Wells?

cheers

Profile photo of usainvestorusainvestor
    @usainvestor

I just don't understand why people are still using their own mobile's or services that you need to pay for!!!

Use google voice you can make all calls to the US mobile or land line completely free of charge,

Have now used this service for many hours.

Regards

Profile photo of CococamCococam
    Participant
    @cococam

You don't work for Wells Fargo do you?? He he

The Wells Fargo customer service is pretty good once you get used to it.

Lots of teething problems at first. Here's a few small issues but no biggies really.

-They kept wanting my Social Security Number. Eventually my ITIN was recorded in its place.

-Also there is no restriction on the length of account numbers in the US so remembering them is impossible.

-Unlike Australian customer service they are trained to be robotic in their dealings with you. Very little personality and lots of upselling.

-They also have very little understanding of overseas customer requirements but are happy to find someone who does. BTW you will always be told to 'Have a nice day' despite having told them you're about to go to bed. It can be frustrating at times.

-The auto voice also asks you for your atm card pin which is foreign to us in Oz. We never tell anyone our atm pin, not even a recorded voice.

Profile photo of nyc88nyc88
    Participant
    @nyc88

Hi Cocam, hehe…..no, I don't work for Wells…..I thought that by asking an open-ended question, I might some interesting comments from you and I did…..some of your comments are funny (and cute). Yes, I agree….the bank accounts have many numbers (too many) and some of the Wells customer service staff are robotic. Overall though, I find them polite.

So when the auto-voice asked you for your ATM card pin, did you give it? Yes? (I haven't used this function yet).

Hi USA Investor, I recall reading one of your posts from several months ago and you mentioned that you used Google Voice. I tried to set it up but it didn't work…..I must try again. I don't need an 'invitation' to get a Google Voice account, do I?

best regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.