All Topics / Help Needed! / high rise building construction cost

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kalisydkalisyd
    @kalisyd

we are from NZ. Apparently the construction cost in Sydney is weight more expensive. We're looking at a land which is located at south Sydney. We plan to build a 15 story building which has 6 2-bed-room units on each floor and basement for car park(90 20bed-room units in total). In total I think it would be 8500 sqm + basement car park. The site should be easy as no rock or bomb underground~~

now I need to know the turn-key construction price. I got a quote from some builder which indicates 1700*8500=14,450,000 and that's it. but I'm also advised that a lot of hidden fee was not included. someone warns me it could be 3000 per sqm which results in 3000*8500.

Does anyone have a more accurate figure about the high rise building construction cost? Medium+ quality would be fine. I wanna the turn-key figure which should include the interior such as doors WIB & carpet, and the basic applicance such as the oven, dishwasher…

thx very much

Profile photo of kalisydkalisyd
    @kalisyd
    Profile photo of livewildcardlivewildcard
    @livewildcard

http://www.bmtqs.com.au/ConstructionCostCalculator.aspx

Using this it gave me a cost of about $15.9m to $17.5mil using 8500 sqm and 8 or more level unit building with lift and basement car park.

You could call a few quantity surveyors I think they do estimate or construction estimates or something but obviously you would have to pay for this I would assume.

I know I had a little 8 unit development and BMT did some tax depreciation estimates that helped me get some pre sales but not sure what you need but just another option especially if you have heaps of units may help.

Other than that just getting quotes and estimates but probably would end up paying for some of them.

Profile photo of kalisydkalisyd
    @kalisyd

thx Livewildcard

Does that include the indoor facility eg dishwasher, oven…?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If you're looking at spending up to $20M on a development, you might be well advised to spend a few hours with a QS and a couple of consultants.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.