All Topics / General Property / TICA removal by agent not possible?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of imconfusedimconfused
    @imconfused

Hi, a short question, we've had an issue with a rental as tenants in the past (all paid afterwards, so no money that was not paid, we just had a rough time years ago and couldn't pay anymore, but always were perfectly caring for the property – life is just not straight sometimes). As a result we got listed in TICA and after the money was paid the ex-agent (we were with them for over 3 years in the same house, so you can see we were good tenants, otherwise we would not have been able to stay that long) still claims they "cannot remove the TICA listing", is it true that they "can't"? I was reading about cases where agents removed the rating after all was paid, but not from 2012, have things changed or are they just not interested to help? Does anybody know? We have been great tenants, but sometimes stuff happens, which still doesn't make us bad tenants, only ones with bad luck at that time and we paid it back.

Hope somebody can help and maybe even tell us "how" exactly they could remove it, so we can tell them "step by step" to get them to spend a few minutes and do it.

Thank you all in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

additional note, would you think a real estate agency cares about their reputation? We will definitely not come back once we buy a house, even if they have great offers, how short-sighted are they? Unbelievable. Well it might have to do with the fact that the "new property rental manager" doesn't know us from back then, but still.

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

It is likely – you could probably arrange it yourself

http://www.tica.com.au/TICA_Public_Enq_Tenant_Info.php

TICA Property Management Training The landlord agrees to notify TICA of any changes with respect to debts being fully repaid or tribunal orders issued.

Profile photo of imconfusedimconfused
    @imconfused

Thanks, unfortunately that doesn't answer my question. I had a look in the document you refer to, it is not clear how / why this agency claims they "can not" remove the listing. Are they simply lying, that is the question. If they had said "we are not willing to help", well then that's a personal choice of the agency, but they strictly state they cannot, which I try to find out if it is true or not. Does that make sense? Sorry, don't know how else to explain.

Profile photo of livewildcardlivewildcard
    @livewildcard

I think the comment does answer your question. The landlord needs to agree to notify TICA of any changes, not the property manager. The property manager more than likely could help by contacting landlord and arranging etc but chances are for the stuff they deal with every day probably couldnt give a rats about your issue.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Contact TICA. If the grounds for removal are satsifaction of the debt then find out from TICA if they can remove it by you providing your tenant ledgers & letter from the agents etc. Don’t take the agent’s word as being unable to do anything about it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.