All Topics / Value Adding / How to make my townhouses cheap…..

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

The difficulty in this type of equation is a the cost/effect. Building is one part of that equation, and certainly an important one. I'll preface what I am about to say by letting you know I am not an architect, but I do work with architects.

Firstly, if the concepts aren't right then the project may be off-track from the start. For most proposed developments yield is central to the equation. If an architect can design a yield of three, where a builder might propose a yield of two – for example – then there is probably a good argument for paying for better design.

Where the yield is not important, there may still be a benefit in using an architect. That's because any proposed development project requires a permit (TPP/DA) or it's not a project at all. It has been my experience that architects are best at proposing designs that are attractive and useful, and so usually generate municipal support. 

Planning approval is becoming more complex and the use of a (private) town planner, along with an architect (or draftsperson)  is becoming more necessary than optional.

Profile photo of alfrescodiningalfrescodining
    Participant
    @alfrescodining

Hi Shahin, which draftsman did you use?

I have been recommended to see Residential Logistics in Liverpool.

Do you know if they are good?

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

I use Phil Waters – I havent heard of the residential logisitics guys, how much are they charging you?

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of alfrescodiningalfrescodining
    Participant
    @alfrescodining

i'm not sure yet – i'm meeting with them on friday.

how much does Phil charge?

Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Call him and give him the brief (hopefully you have a brief when meeting either the draftsperson or architect) and get him to give you a free quote. Let me know you do. 

Disclaimer – Phil is my architect but he is also a friend of mine. 

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

No harm in having mates in ivory towers ;)

Participant
    @thefinanceshop

lol he is the middle of renovating – its hardly an ivory tower!

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Joshua ChrisJoshua Chris
    @joshua-chris

I truly agree to most of the opinions but however ,I would recommend  a project manager to oversee the whole  project in a 

professional manner.appointing a project manager saves your time of managing the project and saves you money 

I recently did a project of house building  and I saved almost 100,000 dollars by appointing. A Melbourne based  company 

cax building services .i would highly recommend them.they are professional in their dealings and manages project with passion 

you could talk to roschy who would help you through ,his email is [email protected].

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

Reducing the waste and cost  are vital in construction management. Your project manager is the key person to direct your architect or designers how they can reduce the wastage and consequently the cost. In the early project briefing you may discuss for option of using recycled materials to replace expensive primary materials. Another significant factor to consider is the waste disposal.  You should be able to manage your waste effectively to reduce your cost.

All of these should be tackled in the planning stages.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.