All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment books

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Muz1983Muz1983
    @muz1983

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any good books to read about investment properties?

I have read Steve's, but would also like to read up a bit about Negative Gearing and other options just to hear the stories from both sides of the coin…

Thanks.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi Muz1983

Huge list here

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/community/heads-up/6845

also if you search 'book list' you come up with a stack of great books. Happy reading!

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Muz1983Muz1983
    @muz1983

Thanks D.

I will look more into some of those titles.

Do you know if any more recent books have been published (last couple of years), based around the market today?

Some of these are 8-10 years old.  I assume a lot have things have changed since then..?

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Look some of them are 70 – 80 years old but funnily enough they can still be applied today. Think and grow rich was written in 1937 and I still learned a lot.

I haven't seen to many new titles of anything being published unfortunately as ebooks haven't taken off yet, yet paper books are not being printed.

I've also just got my hands on The Ascent of Money which they made a 6 part tv show of about the way money etc works.

Your best be for current property investment info is API magazine and YIP magazine (monthly), there is also a rebranded development mag coming onto market too.

The more educated you are in the way investment works, the better!

Hope this helps……

Cheers

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Muz1983Muz1983
    @muz1983

Yer, sure does help. Thanks again D.

Profile photo of kentotoolekentotoole
    @kentotoole

Thanks for the link Dwolf. I can't wait to read them.

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

Muz,

Other popular Australian authors who give slightly different or totally different views than Steve include Jan Somers, Margaret Lomas, Michael Yardney, and I've seen a number of other books that talk more about renovations and/or flips and making money off that.

Oh and if you just want a quick overview of the Negative Gearing Strategy in Australia, you can just checkout wiki's explanation, which has some good references for more reading.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.