All Topics / General Property / Property In Melbourne Suburbs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of opinderopinder
    Participant
    @opinder

Hello Everyone..

Iam currently trying to find my2nd IP in Melbourne.

I have been living in south eastern suburbs. But at this stage I need your precious inputs inorder to decide my purchase and location.

The IP currently is negative geared But now I am trying to find a property that can be positive geared once bought in next 4-5 years.

Now the question here is which areas of Melbourne I should look into.

I had sunshine/sunshine north in my mind for a house OR 

Unit in around Melbourne CBD Suburbs(10-15 Kms radius)

But as with house I have better options in future due to land content and more CG too.

Please advise what you think Or shall I look into sydney or brisbane market with the help of buyers agent.

I even looked in michael yardney's concept which is good But Properties he advises to buy are close to CBD and highly negative geared which I am not looking at this stage.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I think the stats pages at the rear of The Australian Property Investor Magazine can tell you where to look

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of opinderopinder
    Participant
    @opinder

Thanks JacM….I see you are investing in Geelong..Any specific reasons for that…Thanks in advance..:)

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

opee,

Melbourne CBD areas tend to have very few CF+ properties, unless you are willing to pay a higher deposit or add dual occupancy features.

Have you considered looking at positive geared properties around other parts of Victoria, especially check out regional hub towns, which have the combination of positive geared prospects as well as postential for capital growth?

That would be a better option than investing in Sydney or Brisbane, because if you invest outside of Melbourne but still in Victoria you can still inspect it easily if you're willing to go for a bit of a drive.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I am investing in Geelong (suburbs of Geelong – not Geelong CBD) because it offers me the trifecta.  Capital Growth, Good yields, and low vacancy rates.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of opinderopinder
    Participant
    @opinder

Thanks everyone..
    Minvestigator..what areas in regional victoria you prefer
    investing any examples..please
    thanks again for wonderful advice

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

I bought a house in Hampton initially to live in with an option of staying there long term.  Its a great area, schools, village, beach, train. 20 mins drive to St Kilda.  We decided to return to Brisbane and I have rented it out and getting 900pw pretty chuffed with that.  It didn't strike me as the kind of area that you would buy into for a standard high yield type investment though.  Cant see Hampton doing much in the CG stakes either in the short term.  

I have known many to do well in the Latrobe Valley with rentals though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.