All Topics / Overseas Deals / First Timer, 1st Post

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of insanoinsano
    Participant
    @insano

Hey all,

My first post, having been a member for some time and reading many many useful topics, just need to get active and creative again so I can get off my butt and ditch my job! =)

Hopefully venture into investing in the US or PG "cash flow is king" having invested in Aus and as with buy and hold you hit the good old serviceability hurdle a couple of times.

looking forward to reading more on peoples experiences and gaining from your knowledge

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

Welcome aboard and best of luck! Pardon my ignorance, but what's a PG?

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of insanoinsano
    Participant
    @insano

PG – Positive Geared =)

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Welcome aboard – nice avatar.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @zmagen

"In the US or PG"- thought you were talking about Papua new guinea there for a minute lol.

The US is far from being the only place where you can get serviceable, affordable (eg diverse) and positively geared properties. There are other places that'll get you that with far less of a hassle and MUCH lower risk – also much closer to home ;)

Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of Joel.MacdonaldJoel.Macdonald
    @joel.macdonald

Welcome Insanowayno,

If I could give you some advice: There are enough FREE resources online as well as on this forum to help you make a sound investment decision. You don't need to pay for this by way of a membership fee or anything like that.

<moderator: delete advertising>

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

Hey insanowayno,

Like you, I’ve also immersed myself in property investing. I’ve mainly focused on positive cashflow investing which has helped improve my serviceability and my income, and helped to ditch my own job!

Good luck on your journey, and we’re all here to help you out.

Participant
    @zmagen

CF+, PG, so many ways to try and convey the fact that attractive return without speculation is not a given…when and how did this happen? Wasn't property investing meant to be a way to generate income on your investment?

I feel like my way of thinking and method of investment is becoming obsolete, but I really think all this "creativity" and speculation is doing investors (not to mention the worlds economy) more harm than good. Trusts, funds, tax solutions, negative gearing, "creative book keeping"…it really doesn't have to be this complex, folks. Buy something that generates more than your term deposits can, with reasonable (eg close to nil as possible) risk. There's always somewhere in the world where you can find this, no matter where you happen to be living at the time. Keep it simple, <moderator: delete language>

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of insanoinsano
    Participant
    @insano

@ zmagen haha I don't think PNG would be very high on my list of places to invest, I could be wrong I've never looked into it, it may be a gold mine!!

also I checked out your web site, it's very interesting and got me reading into investing in not only AUS or US cheers!

@ Joel – thanks for the advise, I have grained a lot of info from this site, being a lurker for a while before adding my 2c I've only just recently ventured out of my home town of Perth and invested out of state so a big step. Investing in the US is just for me at the moment fraught with danger of the unknown and of course with the countless scammers out there…..

@ M.Investigator – Thanks for the post, I like so many others have been sold on the negative gearing from the start, 3 of my properties have only just started to be positive geared, the main $ drainer being our PPOR of course…

So like many others I want to give up my day job or at least have a choice and work part time doing something I enjoy so positive geared is my next step as I'll have my other properties ticking away for that CG

Like Joel said there's plenty of good free information out there if you search for it, I think reading and finding it out for yourself is all part of the journey… I know some people that have paid thousands in seminars and courses and are no better if not worse then they were before they started…

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

Cash flow is King cheeky

Participant
    @zmagen

Yup, would have to second that :)

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

seminars,, are big business, its the education business, just like going to the book store and buying hot to books.

With very rare exceptions ( at least here in the states) those running seminars do not and have never really owned the properties they talk about,, they may flip them, but do not own them long term…Just in it for the flip fee's and seminar and mentoring fees.

Just google the "ripoff report" and look under seminar and mentoring companies there are so many complaints

But these guys have disclosure's and you are getting what they promise which is an education… The reality is only 1 out of 50 or less actually do anything with the info.

In the states the mantra is "get rich in real estate with none of your own money and no credit" while this can happen its rare and hens teeth.. But those who can least afford it will put these seminars on there credit cards, have no real money to do any thing and just file the books and tapes with all the other get rich quick MLM stuff that they keep searching for, as they are looking for the income without having a JOB…

Ya know the pitch ( you deserve this)  ( you need time to spend with your kids) I think we have all seen how these companies start their presentation with the speaker showing his kids and how now he gets to spend all sorts of time with them etc etc.   When in fact if he does get more free time he is golfing with his buddies kids have to go to school :)

Its just the psychology of selling… they all do the same.. Make it personal make it about family and kids and how you DESERVE this.

Participant
    @zmagen

Not to defend the seminars one bit, as I'm actually quite averse to them- but the reason I switched over to RE was, in large part, to be able to spend more time at home. You just don't get that working in corporate IT project management. :))

Personally, I found networking and attending RE or financial investment conferences around the globe gave me a hell of a lot more than any seminar ever could, in my experience. If you're going to spend 10k on your education, do it in the company of well-seasoned and well-travelled investors, fund managers and industry professionals from all ends of the spectrum, not crammed in a room with a bunch of other clueless being brainwashed in the one often dubious method and by the one self proclaimed guru.

Theres a huge amount of excellent industry events in Singapore, hong-kong, Thailand and Malaysia that'll cost you the same, if not less, offer FAR (far, far) more comprehensive, current and impartial information, and allow you to make far better contacts. (not to mention the food, sights and cultural experiences are miles apart).

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.