All Topics / Commercial Property / Commercial Building Purchase

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Darth GhostDarth Ghost
    @darth-ghost

Hi Everyone

My friend and I are looking at building or buying a factory type commercial building for our business. I wanted to know what has been everyone's experience with building over buying. Which do think is better and which has had the most problems.

Cheers

Adam

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

There a few big differences:

• lead time – you can't move straight into a block of land vs a built factory
    • you can't see what you are getting if you are buying a block and then imagining the built factory
    • you can customise a new build to suit your requirements
    • if you are buying as an IP there will be more profits to be made if you do the development work yourself

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

Buying an existing building or building a new one has its pros and cons. One  of the disadvantages in buying,   is the  inherent defects of the building which might result to high maintenance i.e.  structural  electrical, plumbing etc.  However, If you are racing with time and don’t want to build or manage  construction, your option is to buy. Maybe, we can relate that to the pros and cons of buying or building a house

http://www.homebuyerscentre.co.nz/building/content.aspx?PostingID=289

Profile photo of Jacob MartinJacob Martin
    @jacob-martin

I would prefer building over buying because the commercial property you are about to built is according to your specifications unlike buying which you need to do renovations and stuff…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.