All Topics / Help Needed! / My Scenario selling?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of livewildcardlivewildcard
    @livewildcard

Hi everyone,

I currently own (by own I mean have a great little mortgage!). We have dogs and a family of 1 child as well.

We are currently building our home which when its done we will move out of our current ppor and sell it (we do not want to rent it) and furthurmore we cant move out early as finding a lease which allows dogs etc etc is just too much hassle.

So I guess I'm in for a fun few months whilst our place sits vacant, paying off two mortgages and waiting for a sale.

Anyone been in a similar situation and any fun stories you want to share?

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Check your insurance policy.  Often if a place is not lived in for 90 days or more, you cannot claim if something happens.  You need to sleep in it for a couple of consecutive nights and/or have the electricity connected to get around this.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of livewildcardlivewildcard
    @livewildcard

Thanks JacM good thing to add to the list I'll have a good read of that see what it says and let you guys know.

I'm hoping to get the Real Estate on board early so few days after we move out, (want to finish a couple of things) can have some photos etc done and straight on the market.

Profile photo of santhsanth
    @santh

You could always sell your house now and then rent it for the remainder of the time required while the new house is built. That way you can move in to your new house without having to sell the old property still. Paying a mortgage on the new place and rent at the same time is surely a cheaper option. Might be hard to find the right buyer though but i am sure it has happened before.

@livewildcard

That is a possibility Santh, yes it could be hard trying to find the right buyer but it could work – I have a meeting with the real estate agent soon so may have to discuss what he thinks about this scenario.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

The photos will be better with furniture in them…. get the photos done before you remove the furniture

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

@santh

It doesn't sound like the furniture is going anywhere fast JacM. The new house is still being built. You could always just sell the house now and crash with a friend or some rellies? Nothing brings friends/family closer than shacking up with them…

@livewildcard

I think the right term is nothing tears friends family apart than shacking with them! Haha

No we didn't want to do that because of our dogs and kid < 6 month old.

If we found the right buyer to let us rent it back for a 6 month lease could be handy until the final place is built. Will definetly discuss this with the REA when we meet. Failing that few months of paying two mortgages never hurt anyone, right? Right!!

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Where are you?

@livewildcard

Sorry Freckle, Hunter, NSW (Newcastle)

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Yep know it. One of my favourite areas in Oz. 

@santh

My brother and his wife and their 1 n half year old are doing just this. A couple of months in and they are all still alive. Still got a few months to go.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.