All Topics / Help Needed! / Nathan Birch

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of BrokotaBrokota
    Participant
    @brokota

Hello All,

Has anyone had any dealings with Nathan Birch’s Deal Finder, good, bad or otherwise, just seeing what people think before maybe signing up.

Thanks

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Nathan and I don’t see eye to eye on a few things (philosophical mainly) a bit over the top for me but I’d rate him as an honest ethical young guy who’ll do his best to try an help you. Up to you if you think what he offers is value for money for your situation.

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Deal Finder is a great tool for finding properties in Australia. All properties sent to the database show great yields with equity potential.

Engelo

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

We've shared mutual clients and all have been happy.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of LeonRLeonR
    @leonr

I am <u>not</u> writing this to knock Nathan Birch, as I do admire what he and his team have achieved in such a short time.

From Nathan's Binvested facebook site, a few comments made by some of his clients:

•  "in the last 12 months we have purchased another 7 properties, and will be shortly settling on another 4."
    •  "We now have 3 properties – settled; another 3 will be settling in a few weeks; and hopefully 4 more in a few months time. It's been a HUGE learning curve for both my husband and myself, both exciting and scary at the speed everything is happening!"
    • "In just 8 months, I have managed to build an investment portfolio consisting of 8 properties worth over $2 million dollars yielding 8.9%."

I guess that $200k could give you a property portfolio worth about $1 million, but with it comes a $800k loan.
    The 8.9% yield mentioned above is impressive, but after all the expenses are paid that rental net yield is more likely to be around the 5.5% to 6%? Maybe a bit higher if depreciation, tax deductions are allowed.

What I do not understand is, isn't it dangerous to have so many properties carrying such large loans? Especially when considering the current world's economic situation?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    LeonR wrote:

What I do not understand is, isn't it dangerous to have so many properties carrying such large loans? Especially when considering the current world's economic situation?

Hi Leon

I guess it comes down to different strokes for different folks.

Some have a higher appetite for risk than others. There's no right or wrong answer/approach – it all comes down to what the individual is aiming to accomplish and the risks their willing to take.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst
    LeonR wrote:
    I am not writing this to knock Nathan Birch, as I do admire what he and his team have achieved in such a short time.

I guess that $200k could give you a property portfolio worth about $1 million, but with it comes a $800k loan.

The 8.9% yield mentioned above is impressive, but after all the expenses are paid that rental net yield is more likely to be around the 5.5% to 6%? Maybe a bit higher if depreciation, tax deductions are allowed.

What I do not understand is, isn't it dangerous to have so many properties carrying such large loans? Especially when considering the current world's economic situation

You are making wild assumptions. Knowing the types of properties Nathan buys his clients would not have a $1m portfolio with $800K loans. He typically buys under market and with reno there is built in equity.

I can't believe you are criticizing 8.9% yield. If you can do better, go for it.  Most people are ecstatic to get 7%. A net yield of 6% is cash flow neutral. Nothing to sneeze at (especially if you have built in equity and CG potential). I'll take a few of those.

As you said- you don't understand so why criticise?

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Leon

If you buy well (ie negotiate a great discount) and then make some improvements to the property (ideally with borrowed money) you can increase the rent.  The end result is a higher rental yield than you would have gotten if you just rented out as is (presuming you've played your cards correctly).  So at this point you get the bank to revalue the property and surprise surprise, it is worth more than it was when you started.  So in a nutshell, you've manufactured capital growth.  Fashioned money out of thin air.  So you can refinance… pulling out the equity to use as a deposit on the next place.  Rinse and repeat.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I agree with Jac and that's how i started back in the mid 90's (although admit we owned 5 IP's unencumbered from Day 1 and that helped with the repayments).

When you get to a level where the rental income is healthy enough and assuming you  have no non deductible debt nothing wrong with  paying down the debt as quickly as possible and eventually living off the rental income.

A combination of rental increases, interest rates falling and a improved equity certainly helps although when the market doesn't do this for you try and create it youself.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Nath_simonsonNath_simonson
    Participant
    @nath_simonson

BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE THINKING OF DEALING WITH BEINVESTED

My partner and I got stung bad by Nathan and Daniel. We started off with their map session which we thought was informative but we didn’t think it was worth the $300 fee.
    We then proceeded to use their buyer’s agent service. We paid $10,000 for this service and was offered a 3 bedroom townhouse in Nerang on the Gold Coast. We were sent a spreadsheet with all the figures and numbers, it all added up to be positive by $6 a week. There was a discrepancy with the rent that they thought the property could achieve. The property was currently tenanted at $280 p/w but Nathan had said that it should be rented out for $300-$310. We questioned Nathan on this and his answer was that the tenant had been in there for a number of years and the rent hadn’t been increased but assured me that $300 a week was achievable because he had properties on the same complex for the same rent.

We proceeded with the purchase and Nathan’s property management service blink property was supposed to take over the property. This was an ordeal to say the least! We spoke to the property manager who was taking over the property once before settlement and where assured that it would all be taken care of, this was the last time we heard from her. After making dozens of calls around settlement time, she was in contactable. It got to the point where the current property managers where calling us to come pick up the paperwork and collect the rent that had kept coming through because they couldn’t get in contact with Blink Property either. So in the end the property just stayed with original property managers.

After about six months we went through all the bills for the property because things just weren’t adding up. After doing the sums it turns out that the property is negative by $65.50 p/w and the most we can get for rent is $290. We have had the property revalued a year after we purchased it and the property is worth less than what we paid for it.

We are as much to blame as anyone, we should have double checked the figures and not just relied on the misleading information that was feed to us. Nathan clearly doesn’t stay true to his “strategy” that he preaches to of buying positive property that’s below market value. He is quite happy to take your money and make things look good on paper to get you to do the deal. All I want to say if you are going to deal with binvested make sure you know what you are getting yourself into before your start handing over cash and singing contract. Research is key and we made the mistake of not doing ours and we are paying for it now. Just because you pay a buyer’s agent a large sum of money doesn’t mean you’re are automatically just going to get the best deal. If you want something done properly than you are best of doing it yourself!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Nath_simonson Nath_simonson.
    Profile photo of New InvestorNew Investor
    Participant
    @dlee123

Thats interesting feedback Nath, how are you finding things with this investment property now, did you make a gain and did Binvested get you good value?

I am considering engaging them myself however seems like i might just use their principles and source my own properties.

Profile photo of StoreybuilderStoreybuilder
    Participant
    @storeybuilder

Hi Leon
    If you buy well (ie negotiate a great discount) and then make some improvements to the property (ideally with borrowed money) you can increase the rent. The end result is a higher rental yield than you would have gotten if you just rented out as is (presuming you’ve played your cards correctly). So at this point you get the bank to revalue the property and surprise surprise, it is worth more than it was when you started. So in a nutshell, you’ve manufactured capital growth. Fashioned money out of thin air. So you can refinance… pulling out the equity to use as a deposit on the next place. Rinse and repeat.

That in summary is the Peter Spann leapfrog strategy. Feels a bit like the fitness fashion industry, bring back parachute tracksuit sand tai bo under a different name eh?

Profile photo of StoreybuilderStoreybuilder
    Participant
    @storeybuilder

He does have some good fun easy to understand you tube videos for beginners. Like many though I don’t know that I’d get the value out of any paid educational stuff if he even offers that. Sounds like he’s more targeted to making deals.

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

I have known Nathan on a personal level for years now and actually worked with him while Binvested was still in its infancy stages. I can comfortably say that even behind the scenes, Nathan genuinely cares about everyone’s success.

The operation he runs isn’t a money pinching gimmick and I think that his results speak for themselves.

His timing and strategy have been spot on now for 10+ years.

Thanks and much success

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of New InvestorNew Investor
    Participant
    @dlee123

Thanks for the feedback Engelo

Profile photo of TheEsteemedOneTheEsteemedOne
    Participant
    @theesteemedone

Be very careful with Nathan Birch. Too much confidence with false statements. A clear example is this recent video of his of property development which has a number of false statements:

The address is 40 Sunrise Boulevard Surfers Paradise QLD. He states he can rent these properties easily at $400 per week whereas he is struggleing to rent them out at $350 per week. He will most likely rent them at around $300 per week.

That gives the return on property at the following at around 4.7%. You can get this rate of return anywhere better.

Rent $600 x 52 weeks = $31,200 divide by purchase price $622,000 plus renovation of $40,000.

Onwards he claims he has DA approved on the site. There is no DA approved desite holding it for already 18months and I doubt he will be able to get it approved for 16 units. Check the Gold Coast City Council on DA applications for this address. None have ever been submitted. It is too small a block with very few new builds on this island. Also why would he be trying to rent them out if he is about to get DA approval….

You could say it is a landbanking option but that is it and I’d say given the location he will be landbanking this before approval for about 25 years…There are many other examples of this. He makes money on the buying agency and fleecing off the niave buyers. Buyer beware.

Also check out this motel he bought in Wentworth Falls:

https://www.expedia.com.au/Blue-Mountains-Hotels-Rest-Easy-Motel.h21182564.Hotel-Information

and promoting here as a great buy:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/realestate/nathan-birch-owns-200-properties-after-buying-18-at-the-start-of-this-year/news-story/686a64e695bf5a4f592ebe55e48c5d5c

What a shocker. Terrible reviews on tripadvisor and full of drug addicts. It is a total dump. I wouldn’t recommended trusting him as a buying agent. Caveat emptor and invest wisely.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.