All Topics / Help Needed! / Your current exit strategy for mining towns? Specifically Moranbah, BlackwTer, Dysart

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of jadatom05jadatom05
    @jadatom05

Hi all
    If you have high yield properties in above mining towns, what is your timeframe or indicators for exit? I have been laying awake at night wondering if I should snaffle the capital gain now and forgo cash flow or wait a few more years? What are you thinking, thanks in advance!

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

indicators of exit could include the life of the mine as well as economic factors and demand for the mining materials and health of the mining company

Profile photo of Zed327Zed327
    @zed327

3 years

I have properties in Moranbah and Blackwater

Profile photo of jadatom05jadatom05
    @jadatom05

Thanks zed that it is about what I initially thought as well – 3 years thanks

Profile photo of House CallHouse Call
    @house-call

We had a 4BR house in Moranbah that the original plan was to hold for 3 years.  However with events in the first half of this year resulting in enormous price increases late last year followed by mining companies deciding not to renew leases, which led quite suddenly to over 100 vacant houses available for rent, we modified our original plan and sold much earlier than planned.  We have no regrets at all, because house prices appear to have fallen since we sold.  We have forgone the cash flow and taken the capital gain, but if you sit down and add it up we would have taken years to get the same amount of $$ through cash flow as what we just got in capital gain.

In other words, decide based on what is happening, not a vague " lets sell in a few years time" plan.  Sometimes plans need to be changed and adapted for what is occurring outside your control.

At the end of the day when all the mines close and the town turns into a ghost town, you don't want to be the one with lots of houses there with giant mortgages you still have to service.

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

I know of a great guy who has got answers to all hot spot and where to buy and where not to buy .He is an mining town expert,if you want to more about him just send me a message i will put you in contact with him .

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    APWPG wrote:
    I know of a great guy who has got answers to all hot spot and where to buy and where not to buy .He is an mining town expert,if you want to more about him just send me a message i will put you in contact with him .

I'm sure he is……..

It's friday…..I'm in the mood for some 'expert' information before blowing the froth of a couple.

Enlighten me oh guru of the mining towns……

Profile photo of DEVILZDEVILZ
    Participant
    @devilz

lol and he has crystal ball aswell

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

Hi Guys ,i have made money from his mentoring ,i don't know weather he has a crystal ball or a soccer ball ,i am not worried about the ball i am only concentrating on the money bit and the profit .

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    APWPG wrote:
    Hi Guys ,i have made money from his mentoring ,i don't know weather he has a crystal ball or a soccer ball ,i am not worried about the ball i am only concentrating on the money bit and the profit .

What sorcery is this……?

Show thee self mysterious shadow…..

One whom promises riches but deliverer of none……

I command thee!

(Sorry one to many rum cans whilst watching 'Fellowship of the Ring')

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.