All Topics / Help Needed! / Storm Water Managment Plan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of jim64jim64
    @jim64

The local council are asking for a storm water management plan for land i am sub dividing.Is there a formal plan i have to produce myself or does this have to be done on a professional level?In South Australia i am not sure who to contact to obtain this.Any ideas??

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

You need a hydraulic engineer to prepare one. Make sure you shop around as some may charge you an arm and a leg.

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of LalibellaLalibella
    Participant
    @lalibella

Ask the council and document who you spoke to and what they said. I did one myself and it was passed without a problem.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

From memory it isn’t hard but you will need to use 1:50 yr rainfall tables & calculate pipe sizes and flow rates. Much easier to get a stormwater engineer to do it.

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Hi James,

If you are not permitted to do it yourself and have to pay someone – in addition to shopping around for what they’ll charge, make sure you find one who will actually do a cost effective design. We chose the wrong one (not even the cheapest one) and it cost us dearly due to his choice of design – please learn from our mistake.

One way to find a good one is track down people who are doing developments like yours in the area and ask them who they used and if they would use them again. If you’re struggling to find those doing developments look on the local council website for details of planning approvals in the area.

Good luck,
    Tracey

Profile photo of jim64jim64
    @jim64

Hi all,thanks for your comments.Tracey,sorry to hear your outcome.This is my big worry.Another development across from mine required a similar report.The actual engineer report was 2 pages,with the approx cost of infrastructure double what the land was worth,and they charged him $3000 to do this,with no actual PLAN,only vague costings which in that case,made the development unviable.

Profile photo of jim64jim64
    @jim64

Hi all,thanks for your comments.Tracey,sorry to hear your outcome.This is my big worry.Another development across from mine required a similar report.The actual engineer report was 2 pages,with the approx cost of infrastructure double what the land was worth,and they charged him $3000 to do this,with no actual PLAN,only vague costings which in that case,made the development unviable.

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

No need to be sorry – it was my own fault for not doing enough due diligence – it just meant the profit was about $15 – $20K less.

The $3,000 seems alot compared to what they do it for in Tassie.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.