All Topics / Help Needed! / SMSF loans for off the plan NRAS apartments

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Tilted1Tilted1
    Participant
    @tilted1

Hi Everyone, I'm new to property investing. I am interested in purchasing an NRAS property (off the plan apartment) through my SMSF. Has anyone found any lenders that will finance this type of purchase?

Profile photo of Your BrokerYour Broker
    Participant
    @your-broker

With the mortgage for Off the plan it can be near impossible to get through SMSF.  It's my understanding that this is not just because of the lenders but also because of SMSF compliance.  When purchasing a property in a SMSF you cannot not borrow to improve this property.

When you purchase of the plan you essentially purchase the land then later borrow to pay for the property placed on it (Improving the property)  unfortunatly yes this seems rediculous. I know of someone who has bought land in the SMSF and are now unable to build on it as they don't have the funds to do it. 

There are NRAS properties available that are already complete this can be done in SMSF as you are purchasing a completed product.  Might be a much easier way to go.

regards
    Dustin McMahon

Your Broker 
    [email protected]
    0430 110 304

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.