All Topics / Help Needed! / Positive real estate team?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of NooobNooob
    @nooob

G'day investors
    I took your advice and started reading books from different mentors to see which one is more match with what I'm planning to do.
    I know which teams I don't want to go with now.

Last year I've joined one of the seminars from Positive real estate team in Perth.
    They have mentoring programs and lifetime support

What worries me about them is that they are buyer's agents which sell properties!

Does anyone here have any feedback for me about them?
    If you don't want your comment to be public, please PM me.

Thanks again for your constant support

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Google them. You should find lots. Do a search on Somersoft forums. Lots there.

I wouldn't use them but it's personal. They do push their own properties a fair bit.
    And now they are franchised out so each one is only as good as the leader who bought it.
    I can think of a lot better things you can do with $9K (is it still $9K?).

Find some meetups in your area and meet likeminded people.  Look on Meetups.com

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7

Hi Noob,

My comments I’ll offer are general in nature so make what you will of them.

Be very cautious about any business that may have a vested interest in the products they are suggesting you purchase. There is always a commission involved.

Some of these businesses operate at a front cost of $10k, which may be the case with PRE. Good advice may come at a cost, and I’ve got no problems with that, but I’d certainly want to know exactly what I was getting for my hard earned dollars.

Some of these businesses operate seminars where the music is pumping and they excite and play on the emotions of punters with thoughts of riches and financial freedom. These mum and dad investors then run to the back of the room with their cheque books at the ready.

Be extremely cautious of businesses that have a slick package of OTP properties for you to purchase when you go along to their ‘support nights’. In this environment I would be very cautious about buying OTP unless you are extremely familiar with a market.

Building support networks is crucial just be careful about who you get into bed with, so to speak.

Profile photo of WakeWake
    Participant
    @wake

Hi Nooob,

I think you need to determine what you want out of a mentoring program. If you want someone who can explain and guide you through the investing process, teach you about different investing strategies and provide the support you require, and generally help you minimise the chances of making expensive mistakes, then that is one thing. If you want someone who will find and recommend property for you to buy, then that's more moving into Buyers Agency territory.

My understanding of Positive Real Estate is that they will provide all the support as in the first example above, and if you want to learn to locate and research your own properties, they will guide you through this process. But if you don't have the confidence, time or expertise to do that you have the option of the Buyers Agency deals. As with any property purchase, you would need to ensure the property stacks up just right for you, regardless of who has sourced it. Your mentor should teach you how to do this.

I know all the arguments for there being a lot of good, free/low cost information available, whether it be books, seminars, mixing with like minded people or this forum. The reality is that you can spend hours on this forum and you will most likely come away entertained and sometimes bemused, but as a newbie, you could search for hours to differentiate between the gems that are certainly here (posts from the very experienced and straight talking members) and the sometimes dubious opinions or rants of some other members.

The reality is that some people need one on one assistance to get them started, whether that is to help avoid procrastination, or whether its because their limited time is best spent focusing on what they need to know, rater than other more peripheral info. And if spending $9k on a program enables you to start building a successful portfolio and gain the knowledge and confidence you need to continue, then that seems like a small price to pay compared to a lifetime of procrastination.

So I guess if you went to their seminar, and they were not trying to sell you or sign you up for something on the night, and if you were interested in what they had to offer, then investigate a bit further to see if you feel comfortable. Ask about the mentor's credentials, level of experience etc. They should be willing to answer any questions. This goes for any mentoring program.

Good luck.

Wake

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

hey nooob. there are some research companies in OZ that help you invest in positive cash flow properties, but they are not agents and they don't get a commission, just a flat charge.. i'll PM you the one I use

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Mattsta – I’d be interested to know who you use if you’d also pm me?

Profile photo of blessingzblessingz
    Participant
    @blessingz

please pm me with the info please, with the one you use, Mattsta, please. thanks alot

Profile photo of LucymaeLucymae
    @lucymae

Me too please thanks so much

Profile photo of zorrohdzorrohd
    @zorrohd

Mattsta – could you please pm me this info too?  Thanks so much 

Profile photo of FivemajixFivemajix
    @fivemajix

Yep me too Mattsta thnx heaps mate

Profile photo of JerryJerry
    Participant
    @jerry_o

please send me a PM too mattsta. thanks!

Jerry | Mortgage Station
    http://mortgagestation.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Finance Strategist - Active Investor - Serving clients Australia-wide - Based in Sydney / Melbourne

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

No Matter who you use make sure firstly that the person you meet is the mentor

Also how will they mentor you, if all they do is charge you a fee and try and charge you a fee that is not mentoring

A good mentor should assist you to

Develop a life plan

Work out an investment plan

Help you with what you want to do

Encourage and be there to help you whenever you need the help

Help develop ideas to make you money

Remember the focus should be on you not the company representing you and always question the experience of the mentor and make sure that they are available when you are.

Please keep in mind that my comments are general as I have not dealt with the mentioned company. <moderator: delete advertising>

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of gnosisgnosis
    @gnosis

Hi Mattsta, would greatly appreciate if you could PM me too. thanks.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

There appears to be some demand for a good mentor. Hope a good mentor notices and uses the opportunity to genuinely help.

There are some bad actors out there in mentorland, tread carefully everyone, do your homework on people even more than deals.

Success to you all.

Cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of FelipeFelipe
    @felipe

Hi Mattsta, could you PM me too. thanks for any help in advance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.