All Topics / Help Needed! / Negotiating with Developers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of PFrankyXPFrankyX
    @pfrankyx

I am looking at purchasing a completed new home with a lease in place direct from the developer / builder. In your experience or knowledge, will the developers negotiate from their prices?

Personally i feel the property is $20-30k over valued.

And what would be recommended in approaching this compared to through a real estate agency?

A very broad question, but hope you can help.

Profile photo of wobblysquarewobblysquare
    Participant
    @wobblysquare

If you dont ask the answer is automatically no !! A lot of developers pay 20-30k to there marketing agents when they get a sale….so by all means ask. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Profile photo of PFrankyXPFrankyX
    @pfrankyx

From what i understand the developer is using their own sales staff, not an external agency. Therefore there should not be large fixed commissions, i believe???

Profile photo of wobblysquarewobblysquare
    Participant
    @wobblysquare

If it is an investment then dont get emotionally attached. If you have worked out what you think is fair market value then offer that. If they refuse walk away. There are 1000's of investment oppurtunities at the moment. If it is a home for you to live in then other factors come into play ie emotion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.