All Topics / Help Needed! / Kalgoorlie / Kambalda Investments

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of sgoodessgoodes
    @sgoodes

GDay All,
    I'm looking into buying an IP in either Kambalda or Kalgoorlie, WA. Prices are very low with good returns. Prop Management fees are 9.9% which is the area norm. Being a predominantly mining town with the big firms now steering away from FIFO / DIDO and making positions residential it does look like an attractive option. Has anyone got any opinions or advice they may be of value to me.
    Hope you all have a great weekend.
    Steve

Profile photo of jpr777jpr777
    @jpr777

As a resident of kalgoorlie I have to say that a property in kal would be better suited, kambalda houses are hard to offload and dont seem to grow in value as well.
    We have an investment here also that we paid 300k for and it rents out for 450pw. It’s a 3×1 and not in the best area.
    What are you looking for?

Profile photo of sgoodessgoodes
    @sgoodes

GDay, After speaking with a few PM's in Kal it seems that the demand at the moment is for units so Ive been researching down that road. Pretty good returns and just waiting for some more info on strata fees etc.

Profile photo of taxdivataxdiva
    Participant
    @taxdiva

Hi JPR777

Thanks for your insight. I am in the research stage of purchasing in my SMSF. My goals are both CG and CF. I have a a time frame of 7 years to reach my retirement target. The numbers in Kalgoorlie certainly look very impressive. I grew up in Perth and now live in Brisbane so not on the ground reliant on local knowledge such as yourself.

My questions ….

What can expect from tenants eg corporate/private

Found this one

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-wa-kalgoorlie-111405679

Very low entry price as I am looking to purchase 2 properties in different states…What rent can I expect

Are there many corporate rental clients and do they sign for long

If I need to to do any repairs maintenance are trades expensive/ hard to find/

Your time greatly appreciated

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.