All Topics / Overseas Deals / Case Study – Atlanta GA

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of Pat007Pat007
    @pat007

Hi Everyone,
    http://www.realtor.com/international/rdc/listing-detail/2130-Sugar-Creek-Falls-Dr-SE_Atlanta_GA_30316_6148761142?source=web

Bit of an exercise as i know people look at one place through very different eyes (Jay vs Kyler for example)

Why would this be a good deal?
    Why would it be a bad deal?
    What is good about the area ?
    What is bad about it?
    Any other discussion points where you can show off your knowledge ?

* note this is not to have my research done for me, rather i want to measure my own evaluations against those who have been in the game a while and live in the USA. Makes a good case study for others to examine too

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Looks like nice one to me

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Although I am judging by pic alone

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor
    Pat007 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    http://www.realtor.com/international/rdc/listing-detail/2130-Sugar-Creek-Falls-Dr-SE_Atlanta_GA_30316_6148761142?source=web

Bit of an exercise as i know people look at one place through very different eyes (Jay vs Kyler for example)

What is bad about it?

* note this is not to have my research done for me, rather i want to measure my own evaluations against those who have been in the game a while and live in the USA. Makes a good case study for others to examine too

I would not pay $99,000 in this county. This would probably rent out at max $1300, it would not stack up.

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    Pat007 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

What is bad about it?

Again some times the houses do not matter as much -as your real estate and financial goals and plans that matter more. This is a nice house , playing on zillow and jumping around 3 mile radius. The price is high but if a finished property ( Atlanta prices are rising fast) so it is what it is. Rents do not seem to support that much. Seem a a bit lower for that area. The pictures are nice

Alex

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Well Pat this is good news

TWH owns almost 50 of these just in Metro Atlanta that we bought in the last year…. And we are in them with our partners for half or less than this number.

If prices continue to rise my 5 year plan maybe a 2 year to 3 year plan… if we can sell for 100k average for our portfolio and we will have achieved at Plus 20%  NNN  NET NET NET no baloney no LLC no traveling cost etc to our investors…Plus we will make a nice profit on each one… Love it when the plan comes together so nicely…… That will be a happy day sending those checks to my investor partners…Only when they win do we win… As for our investors… Never a worry never a phone call about the property just the same boring check wired into their accounts each month like clock work…. Never talk to a property manager… E mail me once a quarter for an attaboy or hows it going … I just love this scheme I really do… Ok off to an Investor lunchin where I am guest speaker…..

Lets keep the pressure on Atlanta and keep those prices rising… The US companies are doing it in a big way now.

JLH

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    jayhinrichs wrote:
    Well Pat this is good news

TWH owns almost 50 of these just in Metro Atlanta that we bought in the last year…. And we are in them with our partners for half or less than this number.

If prices continue to rise my 5 year plan maybe a 2 year to 3 year plan… if we can sell for 100k average for our portfolio and we will have achieved at Plus 20%  NNN  NET NET NET no baloney no LLC no traveling cost etc to our investors…Plus we will make a nice profit on each one… Love it when the plan comes together so nicely…… That will be a happy day sending those checks to my investor partners…Only when they win do we win… As for our investors… Never a worry never a phone call about the property just the same boring check wired into their accounts each month like clock work…. Never talk to a property manager… E mail me once a quarter for an attaboy or hows it going … I just love this scheme I really do… Ok off to an Investor lunchin where I am guest speaker…..

Lets keep the pressure on Atlanta and keep those prices rising… The US companies are doing it in a big way now.

JLH

USA and International companies are to blame for USA Atlanta prices rising.

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

I think they were artificially too low to begin with….

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

Why would this be a good deal?  I agree it looks nice, but i'm not keen on ATL
    Why would it be a bad deal? Just to much for it, for that type of money you could get something in Florida on the water, way more room for appreciation.
    What is good about the area?
    What is bad about it?
    Any other discussion points where you can show off your knowledge ?  I leave the showing off to Jay, LOL

all questions answered if i was looking to buy it myself. 

Participant
    @kylermrice

Fine by me, i like not having competition in the markets i invest in. 

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Kyler,

Ocean front or Canal front for 100K

I was in Destin a few years back.. and there were boarded up Ocean front townhouse developments… Small ones maybe 8 to 10 units… Nice area… I flew myself into Destin airport that was a trip::  2 or 3 airbase's one need to thread there way through then all the traffic at Destin airport… very busy only thing not happening was the RE.. Lots of nice commercial developments…

Participant
    @kylermrice

Prefer Ocean, but if the canal takes you out to the gulf that's just as valuable. 

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

100k ocean front thats probably some of the best value in the 1st world real estate

Participant
    @kylermrice

Can still be bought for that price on the gulf side, don't know about Atlantic.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.