All Topics / Help Needed! / Converting residential to Professional Offices

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of mrs pmrs p
    @mrs-p

Hi Guys
    Here's a question for all you planners/building department gurus with local council knowledge- Am considering buying a residential property in a properly zoned area to use as a professional office- so technically a single practitioner and two support staff.  I know I have to have 4 car bays for the size of the building- just wondering if i need a disabled one on top of that or included in that?
    Biggest issue however is wheelchair access bathroom- do I have to provide this considering the building is already exisiting as a residential property?  I am worried about the high level of asbestos and dont want to start disturbing it if it can be avoided!
    I had an idea of a transportable toilet block -has anyone tried to get their council to go for this type of solution before??? Any ideas????  Many thanks gang, mrs p

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

A change of use application – as you are proposing – brings with it a fairly high level of scrutiny. Council will be anxious to understand the underlying demand for your proposed use and tha impact on your neighbours, before they will consider the level of detail you are asking about.

So, firstly go and see your local council and talk to them about your plans. If they are generally amenable get a decent planning consultant on board so you get it right.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.