All Topics / Help Needed! / Where can you buy coal for a fireplace ?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

Hi all,

Having grown up in the Cotswold's in England, we used to burn coal in an open fireplace for the 9 months of winter to stay alive.

Now contently living in the Qld climate, I wondered if it is possible to buy coal to burn in an outdoor type heater or pit during our winter evenings.

I did a google search and a search through the forum topics and didn't get any luck, I'm guessing there is probably no market for selling coal to the public in Qld.

There is the BBQ briquette stuff on the market but that's not quite the same as the real stuff out of the ground.

Does anyone have any ideas or is it a case of asking a miner for a half a ute load in exchange for cartons ?

Coal heater               

Profile photo of abmcdonaldabmcdonald
    Participant
    @abmcdonald

I would hate to think what coal would cost for this type of heating with the carbon tax as of today.

Profile photo of XmasbugXmasbug
    @xmasbug

Hi coal is not that expensive to buy – internationally trading at less than US100 / tonne at the moment.  Problem is getting it to where you need it.

Also you might not have some happy neighbours, coal in NSW tends to be quite sulphourous so there is the rotten egg smell of sulphurous oxides.  You may be better off chasing some nice dry hardwood and using that for your heating.

good luck with it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.