All Topics / Forum Frolic / Article: In Search of the Hybrid Ideal: Integration of for-profit and non-profit organisations.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of NHGNHG
    @nhg

Hey all,

Was reading one of many interesting articles today :) It's amazing what is out there for our viewing.

As an engineer in the construction industry, I have been intrigued to see how this could be applied to construction for the last few years. I am yet to see a construction based organisation that does this effectively. eg. Habitat for Humanity seems to be too dependant on volunteers to be a sustainable business.

I would love to hear everyones ideas on how this may be done, or if you're aware of a business that does it already. It's a pet interest of mine I would love to see develop over the next few years.

Article
    http://www.ssireview.org/articles/entry/in_search_of_the_hybrid_ideal

In Search of the Hybrid Ideal

In the first large-scale, quantitative study of nascent social entrepreneurs, researchers from Harvard Business School and Echoing Green examine the rise of hybrid organizations that combine aspects of nonprofits and for-profits and the challenges hybrids face as they attempt to integrate traditionally separate organizational models.

Discusses the following 'challenges':
    – Legal Structure
    – Financing
    – Customers and Beneficieries
    – Organisational Culture and Talent Development

Regards
    NHG

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.