All Topics / Help Needed! / Insurance needed for strataunit?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of wendywoowendywoo
    Join Date: 2010
    Post Count: 31

    Ive bought a unit in a strata complex of 8 units (all conjoined). The strata has building insurance. Does that cover all the building insurance I need ordo I need to buy separate building insurance for my unit? Thanks

    Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Join Date: 2010
    Post Count: 470

    Ask for the insurance policy details from the Strata committee. I think typically the strata insurance covers the building and loss of rent associated with any major damage, but does not cover fixtures or fittings within the individual units. You can get contents insurance to cover this if you want to.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.