All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Subdivision of land-surveying

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Istvan051Istvan051
    @istvan051

Hello all,

I may be soon about to go through a process of land subdivision on my property in rural NSW.

I first need to get some surveying done. This is to split the 157 hectare block into independent properties
    in order to add an extra dwelling which will be my new home. This is because in the current zoning I am only
    allowed two residence per 80 hectares and there are two but they need to be independent properties for
    me to add any more. There are already two dwellings in the single 157 hectare property.

Does anyone have any experience with subdivision? I am waiting for a few quotes for surveyors in anticipation
    but I don’t know how much to expect.

Can anyone tell me how big their property was and how much they paid for surveying???

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

my advice

1. Contact local council (yes it sounds like you have done this but did you find out all the costs involved)
           find out zoning of land  (sounds like you have done this part )
           find out if you have sewerage – (you may need to run a main sewer pipe and even a possible pumping station
               (you may need to contact local water authority to find out if this is needed )
           find out if you need to provide any roads or widen any roads as a condition is the subdivision'

I was looking at a 91 acres property and council wanted a road built through adjoining properties to the main road that goes to the highway. Then sewerage has to go under a highway and a railway line and then an existing road needs to be widened and a roundabout put in at the developers expense.
    2. If council doesn't help you may want to employ a town planner to find out what requirements council does have.
    Sewerage, Water, Power , gas , telephone what is required ?

As an example I saw a 2000 sqm property for private sale that was advertised as development STCA but having a chat with the town planner from the council I was informed that a special low density overlay exists there that makes 2000 sqm the minimum size. So I asked the planner what is the zoning of the large farm land on the other side of the road and was told it had a overlay known as a bush fire buffer zone and that nothing could be built on it.
    Then a couple of weeks later I noticed a property development up for sale with subdivision plans and the location of it was the big land I just enquired about. (BUYER BEWARE)

Another example I saw a property for sale in Traralgon that was land but I know that this land is sitting in a flood zone and has recently been under water. (BUYER BEWARE) So also check flood zones .

I have not got to using a surveyor yet as my preliminary investigations have told me to stay away from particular properties I have been looking at.

also check dial before you dig before digging any of your land up and as a side note be careful ramming steel fence posts into the ground as they cut fiber optic cables efficiently

http://1100.com.au/default

What I am trying to convey is find out what other costs are involved ie hidden costs there may also be an infrastructure cost per site sometimes called head costs that are paid to council.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.