All Topics / Value Adding / clipon boards for deck??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of karen.karen.
    @karen.

hi – lastnight i saw on the block clip on decking??  wondering if anyone has used this before?  my hubby isnt really the best handyman but is keen to learn.  we desperately want a new small deck on the front of our property but unsure if this is a good product or not?  seems really easy … like they could knock over the whole deck in a weekend.

also, how is it cost wise?

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

I saw this also and was talking to the old man about it (he’s into DIY building on weekends). Apparently it’s a bit more expensive but saves lots of time. In addition you don’t have to worry about ugly nails on the deck.

The key with the clips is to make sure the boards can’t slide up and down, so use a border/frame at either end. Looks like a great product though. One thing that arose after my father built a new deck down at the holiday house is that the levels were shagged- about a 40mm drop from one side to the other. I told him to borrow my dumpy level but he was too stubborn. Moral of the story: don’t level with a string line!

Let us know how you go with it!

Cheers,

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Saw this product on the New Inventors show a year or so ago. As someone who used to build decks professionally a while back I thought the product was one of the best I’ve seen. The clip on system is much more accurate, generally reduces the affects of warping/cupping etc and produces a clean surface finish. Over all it would be more cost effective than individual nailing.

Profile photo of wakebrownbwakebrownb
    @wakebrownb

There is another product called knotwood which is aluminium decking and it also clips together. You can get wood looks or any colour u desire.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.