All Topics / Help Needed! / How is Rivervale, Perth As A Suburb?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MrLasVegasMrLasVegas
    Participant
    @mrlasvegas

Hi everyone,

Need help from my Perth people here. I’m looking at buying a house in Rivervale, Perth as an investment property and I’m from Sydney. I haven’t come across the suburb before so would like to hear from people who are familar with Perth:

– Is it a great/good/average/poor/terrible suburb? Why?
    – Which suburb in Sydney is similar?
    – Would you buy an investment property there?
    – Any red flags/things to avoid?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor

This is way to broad a question.
    There are many different properties in Rivervale, houes, units, OTP,  development sites in the area and unless you can give us more details very difficult to answer your question.

I can tell you that Rivervale is an area that is relatively close to the city, in the last boom many investors purchased developments sites in this area and did very well. You will need deep pockets to replicate this now however.

I would look at what you are trying to achieve in terms of cash flow vs capital growth.

I require more information on your price point etc. before I can answer your question.

Cheers, WI

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

REIWA Rivervale Stats

Close to the city – has Great Eastern Highway as its major access road.

Currently undergoing major widening and realignment.

Would endorse WI comments – much of Rivervale has been targetted by developers and suitably zoned property will attract a premium. Mixture of old and new property in the area.

Profile photo of Kent CliffeKent Cliffe
    Participant
    @kent-cliffe

Hi Vegas,

Rivervale has some great fundamentals as posted about above. However, the suburb is very different on what you're looking at buying. As I wouldn't buy an apartment there, but a villa or house might be okay. This is of course dependent on your budget.

Also, location within the suburb is very important as parts of it have a very high concentration of State Housing Commission properties.

Hope that helps,
    Kent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.