All Topics / Help Needed! / Dallas, VIC 3047

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of couttscoutts
    Participant
    @coutts

hey does anyone know anything about the suburb Dallas, VIC 3047? i have been looking at it all surrounding suburbs seem to b much more expensive and i cantn work out why it is not up in the same price range.

Profile photo of emz03emz03
    @emz03

I'll be honest I'd never even heard of it before you posted here and i've lived in melbourne nearly my entire life!!

I've done a quick look on a few websites and by all reports the median price is around the early $300s for a house which def seems cheap for that area (considering surrounding suburbs). I'm wondering what could be wrong with it haha but it seems like a winner.

Profile photo of emz03emz03
    @emz03

I had some suspicions that it may have been a housing commission area and i was right. not sure if there's any plan to relocate the housing commission in the future.

Profile photo of ShanusShanus
    Participant
    @shanus

I live in Glenroy, not too far from Dallas. It is a very undesirable area, a lot of commission houses, and poor tenants. I think the whole area might just be in the 'too hard' basket for council and government to make any improvements. It's hard to imagine it would have the same kind of growth that nearby areas such as Broadmeadows have had.

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

Currently working in Meadow Heights, not far from Dallas. A lot of folk would consider this area out here to be the rougher side of Melbourne. Not discriminating here, but in general, the demographic here is low socioeconomic. That said, I have met exceptional clients in this neighbourhood (or from surrounding suburbs). You will get a mixture of good and bad people everywhere. Consider the yield and return on your investment before you purchase. The rental yield in Dallas looks reasonably good (as far as Melbourne metro goes), especially given the buy in price. Vacancy rates balanced at 3% (lower of course is better for an investor, but 3% is not shabby).

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi All,

Vacany rates might be low, but the question is how many people in the area dont pay the rent?
    The area has a high amount of un employed people and the crime rate is pretty high.

Also another reccomendation would be to go visit a few open home for inspections in the area!!!

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.