All Topics / General Property / Whyalla S.A.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of jim64jim64
    @jim64

Hello All,

With the recent announcement BHP BILLITON are set to expand Olympic dam,i am interested in other opinions especially from people already investing in Whyalla.The hospital upgrade,the new port being built,this can only mean expansion.Semi detatched homes on one title are common in the area,meaning you have the option of placing them into single titles down the track,increasing the capital growth quite easily.What are the thoughts or comments?

Profile photo of pypy
    @py

I am currently looking to purchase in Whyalla as well. Since most of the houses are pretty old need to be careful.

Profile photo of jim64jim64
    @jim64

Hi,

Yes,you are correct.All the semi,s are ex housing trust stock.Also,some areas are better than others.On viewing realestate.com sales,there seems to be a lot of competition when 2 duplexes come on the market together.Expect to pay 220 to 270.

Profile photo of pep007pep007
    @pep007

Instead of competing against each other when a decent one is found? Who’s interested in a syndicate?

@jim64

Gday PEP007

Would depend on the srtrucrure you are proposing.I dont hold for capital gain,i buy and create capital gain selling usually in the financial year i buy,depending on the closeness to the efy.Therefore,a double would be mandatory on one title,to split and make a capital gain.Open to ideas,my strategy is not hard and fast,drop me a email at [email protected] .

Profile photo of ScottsdaleScottsdale
    Participant
    @scottsdale

Recent API article on potential CG and CF areas highlights Whyalla as a good area to invest. I'd never heard of the area before but it does seem very promising with the Dam construction, hospital, $8bn in future projects etc. The low house median suits me fine to start off investing so will be looking into the area in more detail.

@James- what areas would you recommend between Jenkins, Norrie, Playford and Stuart?  They all seem to have have a similar median so wondering if there's much of a difference between them. I'm thinking longterm for CG and positive CF with subdivision in the future so maybe closest to the port?

@jim64

I live in Adelaide,and truthfully,you really have to know the different ares,some are good,some are bad for different reasons.Fire me a personal email,and i will be more specific.Would get deleted on here i woulsd think.lol

Profile photo of ScottsdaleScottsdale
    Participant
    @scottsdale

Haha fair enough. I was in Adelaide a few months ago and was driven around Elizabeth, Davoren Park etc so have an idea of what you're talking about!

@jim64

AHHHHHHHHHHH     spot on.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.