Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of jnbjnb
    @jnb

Hello everyone

We are looking at investing in Mackay and would like inputs from people who have knowledge about the area. We are looking for at least 2bed-2 bath in established suburbs, preferably renovated as we are located in WA. What prices should we expect. What are the best suburbs? I have been searching for Josh’s blog unsuccessfully. Can someone please post the link. Thanx in advance.

Profile photo of PISTOREPISTORE
    @pistore

Hi Jnb

We have been busy in Mackay. It's a great place with plenty of reasons why it will continue to boom over the next few years to come.
    You can get some good value there, just have to know where to look.
    Like most of these towns, there are politics that get in the way, but you once you understand the games some like to play up there, you can still get a good deal.

Profile photo of jnbjnb
    @jnb

Hi Anthony

thank you for your input. Any particular areas that your would recommend? thank your

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

Hi jnb,

I would recommend the northern beaches, ie; Bucasia, Blacks beach, Rural view, these kinda areas are good.

Profile photo of jnbjnb
    @jnb
    Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

so what are some of the reasons why mackay would boom over the next few years? Im not familiar with them…

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

Hi jnb and mattsta

Below is the title of a thread Josh started. He provides a link  in it to his blog. An excellent summary of what's happening in Mackay is on his blog. I've been to Mackay twice now, and have purchased there myself. The area around the CBD is very low and flat. I bought on a hill near the water tower on the border of the suburbs of North Mackay and Mount Pleasant. Mackay gets torrential rain. Be careful of flood prone areas. North of Mackay there are some good elevated suburbs, but they are very spread out and distance and travel times to CBD increase. I wrote a short summary of my first trip to Mackay on another thread. Search "Mackay" and you should find it.

QLD mining regions (Bowen & Surat Basins & Gladstone): Willing to help anyone with questions

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

http://www.cqnews.com.au/story/2012/06/08/qr-network-expands/

This article is about a possible rail link from Alpha to Emerald to send some of the Galilee coal to Gladstone. The Galilee Basin is attracting a lot of attention.

Profile photo of jnbjnb
    @jnb

thanx a lot maxi10

@pistore
    jnb wrote:
    Hi Anthony thank you for your input. Any particular areas that your would recommend? thank your

We are dealing in a few areas. I think there are a few areas just outside of town that are great value. Good size land and nice new developments, also closer to the mines, albeit by 20 mins. Buses leave from out the front taking the miners out to work and back, so a great spot from a miners point of view.

@pistore
    mattsta wrote:
    so what are some of the reasons why mackay would boom over the next few years? Im not familiar with them…

There's about $80 Billion worth of reasons and 10's of thousands of people moving there for work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.