All Topics / Legal & Accounting / First home owners boost – construction was not completed within 18 months.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of not_so_luckynot_so_lucky
    @not_so_lucky

I would like to apply for a Addendum to First Home Owner Grant ($14 000 First Home Owners Boost for New Homes).

The construction however, was not completed within 18 months of the construction commencing. I have been told that I may be able to apply for an "extension". Any advice on this or where I can read more about this?

Profile photo of not_so_luckynot_so_lucky
    @not_so_lucky

I managed to fidd out some more details …

"In limited circumstances the Commissioner may approve an extension to the commencement and completion date where the delay was outside the control of the parties and could not have been foreseen at the time of entering into the contract."

"A letter from the relevant third party (e.g.: builder, developer, local council or private surveyor etc.) that clearly states the nature of the delays and the actual or anticipated dates foundations were/or are to be laid."

I was an owner builder, and the reason why the construction took longer than 18 months was due to delays with material supplies. As well as a couple tradies leaving half way through an unfinished job. Are these reasons acceptable? Do I need the supplier and tradies to write up letters, or is it just my statement (as an owner builder) that is required?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.