All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking for 1st Investment Property in Sydney – What area? House or Unit?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Amit ThakerAmit Thaker
    Participant
    @amit-thaker

Hi all,

Looking to buy my first investment property. I am very excited but it disappear with the loads of information i go through to make a decision on so many things, area, type of property, benefits, accountants, quantity surveyor etc….

Just wondering if someone could advise on the best approach to nail this. I am not sure what property will be suitable for etc… and how much i will be out of pocket every week, if any. I know there are lot of people out there who might have done this over and over but I would really appreciate any info on this.

Thank you
    A

Profile photo of Amit ThakerAmit Thaker
    Participant
    @amit-thaker

Property will be in Sydney. Area I am thinking are Blacktown, Senven Hills and Penrith. What are you thoughts?

I am thinking of a house than an Unit.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta
    Amit Thaker wrote:
    Property will be in Sydney. Area I am thinking are Blacktown, Senven Hills and Penrith. What are you thoughts? I am thinking of a house than an Unit.

I think a house in the west is a good idea.

To get you more familiar with how to go about it- I'd suggest you read some property investing books. For example, check out Kiyosaki's books as well as Steve's books

Participant
    @amit-thaker

Hi matttsta, Have you invested in west?

I have read Kiyosaki’s books but never read Steve McKnight’s one.

Profile photo of Brian PobjeBrian Pobje
    Participant
    @brian-pobje

Amit, Ropes Crossing is a growth area in Sydney western corridor a good long term investment area. Brand new Properties are selling in the area for around 408,000 and renting for approx 470pw. How much it will cost you per week will depend on the deposit that you have and your tax rate. <moderator: delete advertising>

Participant
    @brian-pobje

Ropes Crossing
    The Blacktown LGA is one of the few areas in Sydney with good prospects for growth over the next economic cycle of 7-10 years, and Ropes Crossing has emerged as its most desirable suburb both for lifestyle and investment.
    One of the issues for most ‘mum and dad’ investors in property is the conflicting advice available from so called media experts. As an example, of the top 100 locations nominated independently by Australian Property Investor and Your Investment Property magazines in 2011, the panels (many of whom were on both panels) could only agree on 23 areas.
    It’s notable then, that Blacktown was the only Sydney region location to make both lists, and continues to be nominated virtually every time “top” growth areas are discussed.
    In the big picture, the key drivers for growth in Sydney property markets are
    • Affordability
    • Transport links
    • Preferably reasonable proximity to zones of job creation
    The Blacktown LGA offers all of these factors in abundance, and though Ropes Crossing is more expensive than some other suburbs in Blacktown City, it is about $200,000 cheaper than average house pricing across the Sydney basin.
    One of the characteristics of locations with superior capital growth in residential real estate is low or “affordable” pricing. As an example, the median pricing of the top 50 suburbs for capital growth around Australia to June 2011, according to RP Data is $427,000. This is after 10 years of double digit annual growth.
    Ropes Crossing’s median pricing for houses stood at $415,000 according to RP Data and $417,000 according to Australian Property Monitors in December 2011 (reported April 2012), well below the Sydney region average of $485,000 fir all dwellings. Median rentals were listed at $480 per week and $470 by the respective agencies. The Thirdi Property offering at Ropes Creek is $395k, with a rental projection of$480 per week. We are delighted to be able to offer Thirdi clients an opportunity to invest in the Sydney region’s most dynamic growth region at the absolute sweet spot of pricing to deliver maximum capital growth.
    One of the few cautions for investors about the Blacktown LGA is the pockets with social issues, notably in the shadow of Mt Druitt. Ropes Crossing is insulated from these concerns both by geography and pricing, which is significantly more than the cost of social housing but within the means of young working couples.
    In the case of Ropes Crossing, many aspirational young couples have stated a desire to stay and grow with the community rather than move on as they would otherwise have done without the evolution of this liveable and profitable boutique suburb.
    When all factors are taken into consideration, Ropes Crossing is without equal as a destination for investors in residential real estate in the Sydney region in 2012.

Participant
    @amit-thaker

Podgey, I think you have nailed it, thanks for sharing. Where did you got the info from?

Participant
    @brian-pobje

I am associated with NEXT HOT SPOT and thirdi property. This was written by our research Guru Andrew Peterson. <moderator: delete advertising>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.