All Topics / Help Needed! / Seeking Mentor – Melbourne Based

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of New_StarterNew_Starter
    Participant
    @new_starter

Hi everyone,

I’m 23 years old and in the last 12 months have being crazily researching everything to do with property. I’m very keen in the next 6 months or so to get started however I’m feeling so inundated with information/different strategies etc that I’ve gotten myself a little lost. I am extremely driven to get started young and develop a substantial portfolio.

My other issue is that my parents are extremely negative and have a big issue with me believing property is an area I can make a lot of money in. Because of this I am constantly second guessing myself, even though deep down I know I can do this. I have a stable job and good income but am seeking a positive influence from someone with experience. There is only so many articles and online research I can do.

My question is does anyone have any good ideas where I can meet someone who has the potential to guide me and someone to really just bounce ideas off? Or I might as well pose the question, is there anyone interested in catching up for an informal coffee in Melbourne to discuss real estate?

Cheers,

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Hi New starter, where abouts are you from melb? I can relate to your story, negative people can really make you second guess your self. How much are you looking to spend on your first purchase?

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Hi I run a mentoring program, happy to at least ave a chat to see if I can push you in the right direction

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

At the risk of getting this post suspended for recommending a fellow forum member i dont think you could go far wrong by touching base with Nigel and look at his education program.

That way you at least get knowledge from someone who has been there and done it.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of KeyStrategiesKeyStrategies
    @keystrategies
    New_Starter wrote:
    Hi everyone, I'm 23 years old and in the last 12 months have being crazily researching everything to do with property. I'm very keen in the next 6 months or so to get started however I'm feeling so inundated with information/different strategies etc that I've gotten myself a little lost. I am extremely driven to get started young and develop a substantial portfolio. My other issue is that my parents are extremely negative and have a big issue with me believing property is an area I can make a lot of money in. Because of this I am constantly second guessing myself, even though deep down I know I can do this. I have a stable job and good income but am seeking a positive influence from someone with experience. There is only so many articles and online research I can do. My question is does anyone have any good ideas where I can meet someone who has the potential to guide me and someone to really just bounce ideas off? Or I might as well pose the question, is there anyone interested in catching up for an informal coffee in Melbourne to discuss real estate? Cheers,

Here is a thought or suggestion New starter – Steve McNight has his new property investing programme available – that might be a good place to start and from there you could meet up with fellow students and investors,

cheers

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1

Hi,

I can second KeyStrategies thoughts about Steve's program. I was in the same situation as you New Starter (being overwhelmed by information and not sure where to turn). I am currently doing Steve's course and it gives me a great basis to think constructively about what others are saying (from what I understand Steve's course isn't meant to tell you what to buy but give you the foundation so you can take it the next step). If you are interested in Steve's course, email/call them today/tomorrow as there aren't many places left.

Talking with Nigel sounds also sounds like a great idea – if you are in the position to bounce your ideas off someone knowledgeable in the area grab the chance!

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

Profile photo of New_StarterNew_Starter
    Participant
    @new_starter

Thanks everyone for all your comments.

@jmsrachel – I’m living in the Bayside area and looking to spend around 250k – 300k on my first purchase.

@nigel – I’ll definitely take you up on your offer and get in touch with yourself. Will shoot you through an email over the next few days.

Will have a look at Steve’s program too, always handy to know that it comes recommended by someone who’s actually doing it :)

Profile photo of Kristin Simondson PBREKristin Simondson PBRE
    @kristin-simondson-pbre

Like everything, when researching you can find yourself with information overload – so many contradictory theories and you end up not knowing where to start! I'm experiencing this at the moment on another topic so I know how you feel.

Agree with the above, grab onto a recommended system and stick to it. You've obviously done a lot of research so whilst going through a program you may find bits and pieces to tweak to suit your needs.

Whenever someone tells me I can't do something – I take it as a challenge. Listen to yourself, if you think you can do it… Why not have a go!

I'm in Carlton and would be happy to catch up for a coffee and a chat about how the markets are going at the moment (data is usually a month or so old and very general) and what the outlook is for 2013-2014 once developments begin to settle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.