All Topics / General Property / Tassie Investing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of sgoodessgoodes
    @sgoodes

Gday all, I'm relatively new to property investing and am looking at some positive cash flow properties in Tassie. Im in Perth W.A. and after a lot of research Im looking around Clarendon Vale, Risdon Vale or Rokeby. Does anyone know of any of these areas that may be of assistance when looking.

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Hi sgoodes, I would avoid clarendon vale some parts are ok it can vary street to street, Risdon vale and Rokeby are a bit better I think,
    I own a place in Rokeby and some other low socio economic areas around hobart, if you are looking for cash-pos stuff its easy to find in these places
    you can private msg me if you want to chat or ask any questions about hobart ect

Profile photo of sgoodessgoodes
    @sgoodes
    ten_burner wrote:
    Hi sgoodes, I would avoid clarendon vale some parts are ok it can vary street to street, Risdon vale and Rokeby are a bit better I think,
    I own a place in Rokeby and some other low socio economic areas around hobart, if you are looking for cash-pos stuff its easy to find in these places
    you can private msg me if you want to chat or ask any questions about hobart ect

Thanks heaps. any info would be much appreciated. not sure how to private msg as im new here so if ya can help me there too it would be great.
    Steve

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

I just sent you one back

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

i was thinking about investing in clarendon vale – but discovered that the area was really bad. you could have a number of tenant problems and house problems. be aware of this, and make sure you do your due diligence on the property

@sgoodes

Thanks heaps. More good advice never goes astray.

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Hi,
    What sort of yield are you seeking in these areas? There are some terrific buys in the market right now in quite good areas, depending on the yields you are looking for.
    Cheers, Tracey

@sgoodes

I guess we all want high yields when it comes to investing but I think not being too greedy to start out with is a good approach so I am looking at average yields in a half decent area. Havent had too many good reports about clarendon vale and have spent countless hours researching. Speaking with my accountant today on the best way to go.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.