All Topics / Help Needed! / Approach letter for options

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of fishmeetfishmeet
    @fishmeet

I have found a number of properties that are not currently for sale but offer great development potential. I want to  approach the owners with an introductory  letter that might lead to a meeting. I am looking to offer an option agreement that will give me time to get all approvals etc that could take a year.

Does anyone have a good approach  that might get me in to a meeting with the owner.

Profile photo of Amit ThakerAmit Thaker
    Participant
    @amit-thaker

Hi Fishmeet,

I am thinking of doing what you are doing. Do you pay for DA out of your pocket or have you got a partner? Have you done any course to brush up your skills in property options?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers
    A

Profile photo of fishmeetfishmeet
    @fishmeet
    Amit Thaker wrote:
    Hi Fishmeet, I am thinking of doing what you are doing. Do you pay for DA out of your pocket or have you got a partner? Have you done any course to brush up your skills in property options? Looking forward to hear from you. Cheers A

I haven't  done any courses but my solicitor will draw up the options contract. I just want a few ideas on the best approach to first contact with the owner that will get a face to face meeting.

I would be looking to pay for the DA  if my planner feels it is a sure bet for council approval.

Profile photo of Amit ThakerAmit Thaker
    Participant
    @amit-thaker
    fishmeet wrote:
    I haven’t done any courses but my solicitor will draw up the options contract. I just want a few ideas on the best approach to first contact with the owner that will get a face to face meeting.

Hi fishmeet,

I googled and few links came up:

http://ask.metafilter.com/60468/How-to-approach-someone-about-selling-their-house

Another way would be approach real estate in the area you are interested in and tell them what you are after and to contact you once something is in market. That way you don’t to have pay any commission to the agent.

Sorry mate not sure on the wording for letter as a initial contact.

fishmeet wrote:
    I would be looking to pay for the DA if my planner feels it is a sure bet for council approval.

Are you using ex council planner? I guess this could be possible after years of experience. Are you based in Sydney?

Profile photo of fishmeetfishmeet
    @fishmeet
    Amit Thaker wrote:
    fishmeet wrote:
    I haven't done any courses but my solicitor will draw up the options contract. I just want a few ideas on the best approach to first contact with the owner that will get a face to face meeting.

Hi fishmeet, I googled and few links came up: http://ask.metafilter.com/60468/How-to-approach-someone-about-selling-their-house Another way would be approach real estate in the area you are interested in and tell them what you are after and to contact you once something is in market. That way you don't to have pay any commission to the agent. Sorry mate not sure on the wording for letter as a initial contact.

fishmeet wrote:
    I would be looking to pay for the DA if my planner feels it is a sure bet for council approval.

Are you using ex council planner? I guess this could be possible after years of experience. Are you based in Sydney?

Amit,
    Thanks for that.

I am in Melbourne but looking for properties in surrounding regional areas.

With regard to the planner, I am employing a private town planner. I review properties with him and he is able to give a strong guide as to chance of counsil approval.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.