All Topics / Forum Frolic / Nine Things Successful People Do Differently

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of NHGNHG
    @nhg

Harvard Business Review
    Nine Things Successful People Do Differently
    http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2011/02/nine_things_successful_people.html
    Heidi Grant Halvorson

Article

Why have you been so successful in reaching some of your goals, but not others? If you aren't sure, you are far from alone in your confusion. It turns out that even brilliant, highly accomplished people are pretty lousy when it comes to understanding why they succeed or fail. The intuitive answer — that you are born predisposed to certain talents and lacking in others — is really just one small piece of the puzzle. In fact, decades of research on achievement suggests that successful people reach their goals not simply because of who they are, but more often because of what they do.

<moderator: the article was to long to paste.  please see link http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2011/02/nine_things_successful_people.html >

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Excellent article, thanks for sharing!

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Interesting and some great points.  I definitely need to exercise my willpower muscle haha. Especially when it comes to dieting.
     Thanks.

Profile photo of jamee88jamee88
    @jamee88

7 Habbits of Higly Effective People:

1. be proactive
    2. begin with the end of mind
    3. put first things first
    4. think win/win
    5. seek first to understand, then to be understood
    6. synergize
    7. sharpen the saw

Profile photo of WomeninPropMelbWomeninPropMelb
    @womeninpropmelb

Great article. Themes are those I have heard before.
    Funny thing you know – they actually work too. I know when I have put my goals in writing and been specific about it- they happen.
    Ok… now I have to get back to that habit- being specific and clear about my goals…………

Profile photo of M.InvestigatorM.Investigator
    @m.investigator

From a personal perspective, I think 2 things that have made me successful (well in my own mind and according to my own standards, I am successful) are these:

1) I set goals,I write them down, and then I create plans to achieve them, then I work the plans. A great tip, is to also know why you want to achieve those goals – including the emotional reasons.

2) I have a mindset of continuous, never ending improvement. I always aim and strive to improve myself in the most important aspects of my life – business, relationships, money, fun, family, etc

Profile photo of ScottM89ScottM89
    Participant
    @scottm89

A couple of good points i need to adopt in day to day life.

Profile photo of SMSF101SMSF101
    @smsf101

it's a good reference to read… but not all of it works on everything… but I do appreciate it and the content is amazing thanks for posting :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.